Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 & 70-291

70-290 & 70-291

fmsmcse

Hi all,

After some shots in 70-292 I give up!

All the material, CD PRESS, etc, etc I read I think it's still useful.
I was taking a look at the 290 + 291 and the content seem to be similar to
292.

By studying a lot for 292 (besides not passing), would one be prepared for
290 & 291?

Thanks in advance.

Marraboy

I cant speak for 070-292 but I can say that 290 and 291 have quite a
few simulation questions in them.

070-291 I felt that you really needed to know DNS and DHCP,
particularly how to configure them (DNS being the hardest).Its helpful
to know a little about subnetting, not as much as Cisco tests you
though.

>From what I remember 070-290 asks alot of questions about Shares and

NTFS security, Disk managment (things like partitions, RAID and file
systems).

I found them quite challenging but finished them both with about an
hour to spare (I was given 3 hours!!! I think they changed this to
accomodate for the simulations). The XP exam was far easier than these
two.

I would also advise most people not to be intimidated by the
simulations, if you read the instructions carefully they are quite
easy.

Good Luck, John T.

Siqueira, Felipe

Thanks for the response dude.
Passed today with 850.

The simulations I think about it the same as you do.

"Marraboy" wrote:

> I cant speak for 070-292 but I can say that 290 and 291 have quite a
> few simulation questions in them.
>
> 070-291 I felt that you really needed to know DNS and DHCP,
> particularly how to configure them (DNS being the hardest).Its helpful
> to know a little about subnetting, not as much as Cisco tests you
> though.
>
> >From what I remember 070-290 asks alot of questions about Shares and

> NTFS security, Disk managment (things like partitions, RAID and file
> systems).
>
> I found them quite challenging but finished them both with about an
> hour to spare (I was given 3 hours!!! I think they changed this to
> accomodate for the simulations). The XP exam was far easier than these
> two.
>
> I would also advise most people not to be intimidated by the
> simulations, if you read the instructions carefully they are quite
> easy.
>
> Good Luck, John T.

Marraboy

850 is a good score. Well done man!