Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Study materials for 70-290 ?

Study materials for 70-290 ?

Pascal Duchemin

Hello,

This is a subject that is not new in this newsgroup and I have been
reading the posts related to these, however based on my "experience" I
have a couple questions.

I studied for the 70-290 using the MCSE Self-paced training kit from
MsPress. I bought the book last october but only started study a month
and a half ago.

I was aware of the "new" test format that MS was going to apply
beginning of April but still decided to take the test thinking that what
I knew from the book and the practice tests that were on the CD provided
with the book should be enough.

I unfortuntaly failed with a 600 ( which it's pretty bad since I guess
it represents a 60% ).

Some of the questions in the real test could definitely not be answered
by the MsPress book, it's as if the book I have was outdated for the
test I took on some subjects.

Then I downloaded ( not for free ) a practice exam from the measureup
website on 70-290 and realized that the questions there were in that
exam were more similar to the questions I had in the real test than the
ones in the book I purchased.

Davin Eastley in a month old post "70-290. Cannot Pass and need advice"
suggested a book from QUE, MCSA 70-290 training guide.

My questions are:
- Should I just redo all my studies pretty much from scratch and get the
QUE book ?
- Fortunately I signed for the 2nd shot deal, after studying the
practice exam I just downloaded from measure up could I just consider
myself ready for the test and take it asap ?

Thanks for your advices

Armen Kirakosyan

Hi
last week MeasureUP upgraded the test for 70-290
try to download new vesrion (upgrade should be free), it is more closer to
real exam.

"Pascal Duchemin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> This is a subject that is not new in this newsgroup and I have been
> reading the posts related to these, however based on my "experience" I
> have a couple questions.
>

> I studied for the 70-290 using the MCSE Self-paced training kit from
> MsPress. I bought the book last october but only started study a month and
> a half ago.
>
> I was aware of the "new" test format that MS was going to apply beginning
> of April but still decided to take the test thinking that what I knew from
> the book and the practice tests that were on the CD provided with the book
> should be enough.
>
> I unfortuntaly failed with a 600 ( which it's pretty bad since I guess it
> represents a 60% ).
>
> Some of the questions in the real test could definitely not be answered by
> the MsPress book, it's as if the book I have was outdated for the test I
> took on some subjects.
>
> Then I downloaded ( not for free ) a practice exam from the measureup
> website on 70-290 and realized that the questions there were in that exam
> were more similar to the questions I had in the real test than the ones in
> the book I purchased.
>

> Davin Eastley in a month old post "70-290. Cannot Pass and need advice"
> suggested a book from QUE, MCSA 70-290 training guide.
>

> My questions are:
> - Should I just redo all my studies pretty much from scratch and get the
> QUE book ?
> - Fortunately I signed for the 2nd shot deal, after studying the practice
> exam I just downloaded from measure up could I just consider myself ready
> for the test and take it asap ?
>

> Thanks for your advices

Pascal Duchemin

Thanks a lot for your advice !

Armen Kirakosyan wrote:
> Hi
> last week MeasureUP upgraded the test for 70-290
> try to download new vesrion (upgrade should be free), it is more closer to
> real exam.
>

> "Pascal Duchemin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>This is a subject that is not new in this newsgroup and I have been
>>reading the posts related to these, however based on my "experience" I
>>have a couple questions.
>>

>>I studied for the 70-290 using the MCSE Self-paced training kit from
>>MsPress. I bought the book last october but only started study a month and
>>a half ago.
>>
>>I was aware of the "new" test format that MS was going to apply beginning
>>of April but still decided to take the test thinking that what I knew from
>>the book and the practice tests that were on the CD provided with the book
>>should be enough.
>>
>>I unfortuntaly failed with a 600 ( which it's pretty bad since I guess it
>>represents a 60% ).
>>
>>Some of the questions in the real test could definitely not be answered by
>>the MsPress book, it's as if the book I have was outdated for the test I
>>took on some subjects.
>>
>>Then I downloaded ( not for free ) a practice exam from the measureup
>>website on 70-290 and realized that the questions there were in that exam
>>were more similar to the questions I had in the real test than the ones in
>>the book I purchased.
>>

>>Davin Eastley in a month old post "70-290. Cannot Pass and need advice"
>>suggested a book from QUE, MCSA 70-290 training guide.
>>

>>My questions are:
>>- Should I just redo all my studies pretty much from scratch and get the
>>QUE book ?
>>- Fortunately I signed for the 2nd shot deal, after studying the practice
>>exam I just downloaded from measure up could I just consider myself ready
>>for the test and take it asap ?
>>

>>Thanks for your advices

Amey Abhyankar.

I have plenty material . Just tell me which 1 u want..Send me e-mail at

ChEerS,
--
Amey Abhyankar.
[ M.C.P. Since 2002 ; M.C.S.E. Windows 2000 ; M.C.S.A. Windows server

Tauruslasher

Hi Amey,
Can you share to me the materials you have i am planning also to the 70-290
but i have no budget to buy books just relying to the resource available in
the net plus actual hands on. My email address is (E-Mail Removed)

thanks

"Amey Abhyankar." wrote:

> I have plenty material . Just tell me which 1 u want..Send me e-mail at
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> ChEerS,
> --
> Amey Abhyankar.
> [ M.C.P. Since 2002 ; M.C.S.E. Windows 2000 ; M.C.S.A. Windows server
> 2003 ; M.C.S.E. Windows server 2003 ]

T-Bone

"Tauruslasher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Hi Amey,
> Can you share to me the materials you have i am planning also to the

70-290
> but i have no budget to buy books just relying to the resource available

in
> the net plus actual hands on. My email address is <deleted>

I would recommend not dealing with ashfarkers like Amey.

I would also recommend not posting your real email address all over the
internet.

Oh well, you'll probably be hearing from Swen soon.

CBIC

> I would also recommend not posting your real email address all over
> the internet.
>
> Oh well, you'll probably be hearing from Swen soon.

My spam-pot, (E-Mail Removed) doesn't get any swen. Just lots of
419'ers and phishing.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Briscobar

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
CBIC <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> lots of 419'ers

Did someone call for a scambaiter?

--
KB

MCNGP #26
nerd32768 looks up porn on the internet all day. Then he visits
www.mcngp.com.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, CBIC spewed across the ether:

>> Oh well, you'll probably be hearing from Swen soon.

> My spam-pot, (E-Mail Removed) doesn't get any swen. Just lots
> of 419'ers and phishing.

Swen appears to have gone to bigger and better things. I think he's doing
browser hijackers these days. Swen...meet Aurora. BAstiges!

--
JaR
Thug 10110

bob