Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Applying NTFS Folder Permissions

Applying NTFS Folder Permissions

SagaBoi17

Does this make sense to you?

"Giorgio belongs to the Human Resources global group & the 4th Floor Users
global group. Giorgio is attempting to access a folder for which the HR group
has been granted the Modify permission & the 4th Floor Users group has been
granted the Write permission.

Giorgio will receive the Read permission plus the Write permissin, and will
be able to read the contents of the folder & add files to the folder. He will
also be able to edit files already in the file. Giorgio will not be able to
delete the files because he doesn't have Modify or Full Control permission,
which is needed to be able to delete files. If Giorgio had been granted the
Read permission & the Modify permission, then he would be able to read files,
add files, edit files, and delete files".

1.My understanding is that he should have Modify because he belongs to HR
which is assigned Modify also it says he is able to edit files (hence
Modify).

2. As for deleting files/ folders within a folder, one needs Read, Read &
Execute and Write permissions in order for Modify to delete files/ folders
within a folder.
If it is only Read & Execute & Write with modify, then he will not be able
to delete files/ folders within the folder. (Not includings Full Control just
talking about Modify's power).

thanks!
--
Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

Madeleine

u need to do more reading about effective permissions.you sound like you are
confused.

"SagaBoi17" wrote:

> Does this make sense to you?
>
> "Giorgio belongs to the Human Resources global group & the 4th Floor Users
> global group. Giorgio is attempting to access a folder for which the HR group
> has been granted the Modify permission & the 4th Floor Users group has been
> granted the Write permission.
>
> Giorgio will receive the Read permission plus the Write permissin, and will
> be able to read the contents of the folder & add files to the folder. He will
> also be able to edit files already in the file. Giorgio will not be able to
> delete the files because he doesn't have Modify or Full Control permission,
> which is needed to be able to delete files. If Giorgio had been granted the
> Read permission & the Modify permission, then he would be able to read files,
> add files, edit files, and delete files".
>

> 1.My understanding is that he should have Modify because he belongs to HR
> which is assigned Modify also it says he is able to edit files (hence
> Modify).
>
> 2. As for deleting files/ folders within a folder, one needs Read, Read &
> Execute and Write permissions in order for Modify to delete files/ folders
> within a folder.
> If it is only Read & Execute & Write with modify, then he will not be able
> to delete files/ folders within the folder. (Not includings Full Control just
> talking about Modify's power).
>
> thanks!
> --
> Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

T-Bone

"Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> u need to do more reading about effective permissions.you sound like you

are
> confused.

No sher, shitlock. Why do you think they are asking the question?
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Madeleine

try and answer questions next time instead of attacking people. this is an
educational web site. i don't understand why people like you are turning this
into a battle field when tolerance doesn't exist. no wonder many people don't
post in this web site

"T-Bone" wrote:

> "Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > u need to do more reading about effective permissions.you sound like you

> are
> > confused.

> No sher, shitlock. Why do you think they are asking the question?
> --
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

T-Bone

"Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> try and answer questions next time instead of attacking people.

"Kettle, this is Madeleine. You're black."

> this is an educational web site.

This is not a web site at all. This is a newsgroup. So consider that your
education in usenet.

> i don't understand why people like you are turning this
> into a battle field when tolerance doesn't exist.

On the contrary, tolerance does exist for those who make useful
contributions to the group. The poster had a valid question.

> no wonder many people don't post in this web site

Its hard to find the useful posts through the clutter at the top level. Of
course if you had a real newsreader you'd be able to see that more easily.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Madeleine

i hope you are enjoying this.
You've said "The poster had a valid question" why don't u concentrate on
that instead of irrelevancies.

"T-Bone" wrote:

> "Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > try and answer questions next time instead of attacking people.

> "Kettle, this is Madeleine. You're black."
>
> > this is an educational web site.

> This is not a web site at all. This is a newsgroup. So consider that your
> education in usenet.
>
> > i don't understand why people like you are turning this
> > into a battle field when tolerance doesn't exist.

> On the contrary, tolerance does exist for those who make useful
> contributions to the group. The poster had a valid question.
>
> > no wonder many people don't post in this web site

> Its hard to find the useful posts through the clutter at the top level. Of
> course if you had a real newsreader you'd be able to see that more easily.
> --
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

T-Bone

"Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> i hope you are enjoying this.

I am enjoying it immensly.

> You've said "The poster had a valid question" why don't u concentrate on
> that instead of irrelevancies.

Just to recap, you were the one who flamed the OP. Looking at your replies
to other postings, when you actually manage to get your facts straight, you
flamed a poster one moment and then tried to be useful the next. Hardly what
I would call relevant. I'd say you should stay on whatever meds it is that
makes you all happy and nice, lest you end up with troll status. Using
proper spelling and not typing like a teenager (with apologies to teenagers
who do make the effort to spell words properly) would help there as well.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Madeleine

you are a joker.
i don't see any problem advising someone to do more reading about effective
permission when it's clear that they are confused about the all concept.

"T-Bone" wrote:

> "Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > i hope you are enjoying this.

> I am enjoying it immensly.
>
> > You've said "The poster had a valid question" why don't u concentrate on
> > that instead of irrelevancies.

> Just to recap, you were the one who flamed the OP. Looking at your replies
> to other postings, when you actually manage to get your facts straight, you
> flamed a poster one moment and then tried to be useful the next. Hardly what
> I would call relevant. I'd say you should stay on whatever meds it is that
> makes you all happy and nice, lest you end up with troll status. Using
> proper spelling and not typing like a teenager (with apologies to teenagers
> who do make the effort to spell words properly) would help there as well.
> --
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, =?Utf-8?B?TWFkZWxlaW5l?= spewed across
the ether:

> . no wonder many people don't
> post in this web site

Ghods what a moron.

--
JaR
Thug 10110

T-Bone

"Madeleine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> you are a joker.

I'm also a smoker and a midnight toker, but that's not important right now.

> i don't see any problem advising someone to do more reading about

effective
> permission when it's clear that they are confused about the all concept.

I'm getting a feeling that given your original reply, pointing out the irony
of you complaining about useless posts would be lost on you.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL