Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-216 - To sit, or not to sit....

70-216 - To sit, or not to sit....

Sean

.... That is the question.

Hi everyone

Sat and passed the 70-218 exam yesterday, scored over 900 and found it
fairly easy (not trying to be arrogant, just giving details ) .

To complete the MCSA on 2000 I now just need the elective which I plan
as being the 70-216.

I was planning on leaving the last exam until the end of the summer due
to various other commitments I have over the summer but given I passed
the 218 fairly easily and given the overlap between the two exams I
thought I might try and get throught the 216 quickly.

Can anyone give an indication of how big an overlap there is between
the two and just how hard the 216 really is? Heard evil rumours about
the 216 and although I want to pass it quickly, I do not want to fail
it by taking anything for granted.

Thanks for your response/advice

Sean

Victor Guillen

If you heard some evil stories about it...is better for you to believe
them!, this is the hardest exam

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> ... That is the question.
>
> Hi everyone
>
> Sat and passed the 70-218 exam yesterday, scored over 900 and found it
> fairly easy (not trying to be arrogant, just giving details ) .
>
> To complete the MCSA on 2000 I now just need the elective which I plan
> as being the 70-216.
>
> I was planning on leaving the last exam until the end of the summer due
> to various other commitments I have over the summer but given I passed
> the 218 fairly easily and given the overlap between the two exams I
> thought I might try and get throught the 216 quickly.
>
> Can anyone give an indication of how big an overlap there is between
> the two and just how hard the 216 really is? Heard evil rumours about
> the 216 and although I want to pass it quickly, I do not want to fail
> it by taking anything for granted.
>
> Thanks for your response/advice
>
> Sean

Anfeargneas

I took 216 in early May, and spent 3 months studying for it. I found it the
hardest of the 4 exams by far. DNS, DHCP and RRAS is a huge chunk of the
exam, and even though I work with these every day I still found the exam
hard. 218 is a snoozer compared to it!

"Victor Guillen" wrote:

> If you heard some evil stories about it...is better for you to believe
> them!, this is the hardest exam
>
> "Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > ... That is the question.
> >
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > Sat and passed the 70-218 exam yesterday, scored over 900 and found it
> > fairly easy (not trying to be arrogant, just giving details ) .
> >
> > To complete the MCSA on 2000 I now just need the elective which I plan
> > as being the 70-216.
> >
> > I was planning on leaving the last exam until the end of the summer due
> > to various other commitments I have over the summer but given I passed
> > the 218 fairly easily and given the overlap between the two exams I
> > thought I might try and get throught the 216 quickly.
> >
> > Can anyone give an indication of how big an overlap there is between
> > the two and just how hard the 216 really is? Heard evil rumours about
> > the 216 and although I want to pass it quickly, I do not want to fail
> > it by taking anything for granted.
> >
> > Thanks for your response/advice
> >
> > Sean

Mr.CSA

218 is a breeze compared to 216. I passed on my third try. It really is a
monster. Do not expect to breeze thru 216. Also, do not underestimate this
exam. good luck

"Sean" wrote:

> .... That is the question.
>
> Hi everyone
>
> Sat and passed the 70-218 exam yesterday, scored over 900 and found it
> fairly easy (not trying to be arrogant, just giving details ) .
>
> To complete the MCSA on 2000 I now just need the elective which I plan
> as being the 70-216.
>
> I was planning on leaving the last exam until the end of the summer due
> to various other commitments I have over the summer but given I passed
> the 218 fairly easily and given the overlap between the two exams I
> thought I might try and get throught the 216 quickly.
>
> Can anyone give an indication of how big an overlap there is between
> the two and just how hard the 216 really is? Heard evil rumours about
> the 216 and although I want to pass it quickly, I do not want to fail
> it by taking anything for granted.
>
> Thanks for your response/advice
>
> Sean

Mitch Garvis, MCSA

Hi Sean,

I beg of you not to take your success on 70-218 as an indicator of 70-216.
I scored in the high 800s on the first, and squeaked by with a 714 on the
70-216. It is far and away the hardest of the core exams for MCSA. Though I
passed it on my first try (barely!) I know of people who took four and five
tries to do it. Take your time, study hard, and take it seriously.

Good luck!

Mitch