Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > External exception E06D7363 message with Linksys card

External exception E06D7363 message with Linksys card

=?Utf-8?B?amVmZmVyaWNvbg==?=

Hi All
I have a Compaq 1510 Laptop running XP Home with SP2. I have just installed
a Linksys Wireless-G Adapter (WPC54G) and everytime I try to start the
software for the adapter, an error message "External exception E06D7363 "
pops up endlessly. Disabling the Linksys software and using Windows to
configure and use the adapter results in the following - connecting to the
access point for a few seconds and then losing the connection immediately.
This carries on repeatedly.

Please help.
many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ubmll?=

Yesterday I bought a Linksys WAG54G Wireless-G ADSL Gateway and a Wireless-G
adapter at Comet. I wanted to set up a wireless network for my laptops Soy
Vaio and top range Packard bell. I am on AOL Platinum and my operating
system is XP. I tried the quick set up - conection protocol - PPoA, VPI - 0,
VCI - 38. I even set up new screen name and remembered to use lower case for
name and password and included @aol.com afterscreen name. No joy! I phoned
the Linksys technical helpline and was on for 35 minutes but that didn't work
either and the technical assistant gave up on me. I have tried all day today
but still no joy. Sometimes I can get a network established but can't get
the internet. This is so frustrating. The wireless network (when
established is good but why oh why can't I get AOL or internet explorer?). I
am not an expert but am not completely computer illiterate. Can someone give
me step by step instructions as to how to set up a wireless network and get
AOL and iternet explorer. PLEASE
My e-mail address is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
--
Cheers
Ronnie

techsupport

jeffericon wrote:
> *Hi All
> I have a Compaq 1510 Laptop running XP Home with SP2. I have just
> installed
> a Linksys Wireless-G Adapter (WPC54G) and everytime I try to start
> the
> software for the adapter, an error message "External exception
> E06D7363 "
> pops up endlessly. Disabling the Linksys software and using Windows
> configure and use the adapter results in the following - connecting
> to the
> access point for a few seconds and then losing the connection
> immediately.
> This carries on repeatedly.
>
> Please help.
> many thanks *

IF YOU WANT TO FIX THAT PROBLEM I HAVE THE FILE YOU NEED MAIL TO ME,
(E-Mail Removed)

--
techsupport
http://www.mcse.ms

davesimpson99 davesimpson99 is offline
Junior Member

Hi techsupport
I tried to find your mail id in your profile but could not.
If you still review this forum, can you please send me this fix?
Cheers
Dave
(E-Mail Removed)