Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 - Cant Pass this thing...

70-290 - Cant Pass this thing...

michael morrisroe

I've taken 290 twice now (?340.00 expense), 660 & 600. I
was very confident first time, but second time was harder.
I too experienced problems with the simulation questions,
but completed them none the less. I really think that MS
should find a way to give the examinee (who's paying
?169.40 per exam) the option to to review answers to their
specific exam taken, it's ridiculous that you cannot
challenge these results. The first time I failed exam, it
was down to Managing Access to Resources & Disaster
Recovery so I concentrated on these topics as well the
others, second time failure was down to Managing Server
Environment & Managing Access to Resources (again). I think
it's a disgrace that we cannot challenge results when we're
paying so much money per exam. Anyway, third time lucky.
Guys, you really need to study for a month before taking
these exams using as many different sources as possible to
cover all the angles. Cheers.

James

Wow, I'm really confused why you paid $340. Its only 115US, and register
for the second shot you get to write the exam a second time for free....

"michael morrisroe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:02c101c54a4c$03ec60c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've taken 290 twice now (?340.00 expense), 660 & 600. I
> was very confident first time, but second time was harder.
> I too experienced problems with the simulation questions,
> but completed them none the less. I really think that MS
> should find a way to give the examinee (who's paying
> ?169.40 per exam) the option to to review answers to their
> specific exam taken, it's ridiculous that you cannot
> challenge these results. The first time I failed exam, it
> was down to Managing Access to Resources & Disaster
> Recovery so I concentrated on these topics as well the
> others, second time failure was down to Managing Server
> Environment & Managing Access to Resources (again). I think
> it's a disgrace that we cannot challenge results when we're
> paying so much money per exam. Anyway, third time lucky.
> Guys, you really need to study for a month before taking
> these exams using as many different sources as possible to
> cover all the angles. Cheers.

michael morrisroe

I'm in Dublin, Ireland and it's EU169/US219 per exam!!! We
get soooo ripped off over here in Europe!! Thats another
disgrace that should be addressed. Booked second shot for
next 70-290 in a couple of weeks.

wrote in message
>news:02c101c54a4c$03ec60c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've taken 290 twice now (?340.00 expense), 660 & 600. I
>> was very confident first time, but second time was harder.
>> I too experienced problems with the simulation questions,
>> but completed them none the less. I really think that MS
>> should find a way to give the examinee (who's paying
>> ?169.40 per exam) the option to to review answers to their
>> specific exam taken, it's ridiculous that you cannot
>> challenge these results. The first time I failed exam, it
>> was down to Managing Access to Resources & Disaster
>> Recovery so I concentrated on these topics as well the
>> others, second time failure was down to Managing Server
>> Environment & Managing Access to Resources (again). I think
>> it's a disgrace that we cannot challenge results when we're
>> paying so much money per exam. Anyway, third time lucky.
>> Guys, you really need to study for a month before taking
>> these exams using as many different sources as possible to
>> cover all the angles. Cheers.

>.

Pete

In Brazil we pay only 80 bucks (US Dollars) per exam.

Cheers,

Pete

take 3 exam at
>one session
>

>.

pennino

>In Brazil we pay only 80 bucks (US Dollars) per exam.

Interesting thread.. in Italy 140 euros (prometric),
140 euro + VAT 20% (Vue).

BTW: at the moment, 140 euro == 180 US$

Bye,

Stefan