Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Get some experience

Get some experience

Kurt Hudson

Erina,

My advice to you is to get some experience first. You
should not enter this field as an MCSA. You should first
learn the basics and then work toward your MCSA. Also, you
may decide that you don't like network operating systems
and decide to do something else. That something else might
be with switches and routers, in which case you might want
a Cisco or Juniper certification.

The real question is how do you get experience if you
don't have a job in this industry? Consider getting some
training that will help you land an entry-level job (such
as a tech support assistant or possibly first-level phone
support). If you are looking for training that will lead
to an entry-level certification, look at A+, Network+,
CCNA, and MCDST. All of those will help you land that
first job. Once you have been doing that job for about six
months, then you can start thinking about what you still
need to do to get ready to take the MCSA exams.

Erina

Hi Kurt
Thanks for the advice. I just got a job in the helpdesk
and I decided to go for the MCDST first. I will get some
experience and study towards my MCDST in the same time.

Regards

blastingfonda

Chris M wrote:

> Good plan - The MCDST certification will also count as an elective

toward
> your MCSA, when you decide to do it.
>
> --
> Chris M.

That's an interesting track though - he'd end up taking 270, 271, and
272. (all of which I'm sure have a lot of overlap...)