Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > If you took the 70-290 after April 1st

If you took the 70-290 after April 1st

manageyou

I know the test changed for the better with simulation technology. Are there
still 40 Questions? How many are sims? Are the other questions the same?
thanks in advance, I'm taking the exam tomorrow.
Stephen
--
as you make a living, dont forget to live

Tez

I took 70-290 last week (5 April). There were 44 questions. Time was 185
minutes up from 135. 4 were sims. Yes nearly all the other questions are the
same. Well, they change every time you take it, you know that right? I took
the exam 4 times and I never got the same question twice!

My advice is to click to review the sims and do all the other questions
first then go back to the sims at the end. That's what I did. I was in and
out with 1:15 minutes left over!

"manageyou" wrote:

> I know the test changed for the better with simulation technology. Are there
> still 40 Questions? How many are sims? Are the other questions the same?
> thanks in advance, I'm taking the exam tomorrow.
> Stephen
> --
> as you make a living, dont forget to live

manageyou

Thank you V much Tez. Hopefully sims are worth more points.
As long as they dont ask crazy command line questions like dsquery...

"Tez" wrote:

> I took 70-290 last week (5 April). There were 44 questions. Time was 185
> minutes up from 135. 4 were sims. Yes nearly all the other questions are the
> same. Well, they change every time you take it, you know that right? I took
> the exam 4 times and I never got the same question twice!
>
> My advice is to click to review the sims and do all the other questions
> first then go back to the sims at the end. That's what I did. I was in and
> out with 1:15 minutes left over!
>
> "manageyou" wrote:
>
> > I know the test changed for the better with simulation technology. Are there
> > still 40 Questions? How many are sims? Are the other questions the same?
> > thanks in advance, I'm taking the exam tomorrow.
> > Stephen
> > --
> > as you make a living, dont forget to live

Tez

No problem. I was surfing just now and found a link to actually see a
simulation EXACTLY as they look in the exam. Here is the link
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...ssmentDemo.htm

Check it out, it should answer your question and make you feel more
comfortable. I would say, make sure you know your shortcuts to things like
dsa.msc as the sims might not have the start menu link to administration
tools (TIP).

"manageyou" wrote:

> Thank you V much Tez. Hopefully sims are worth more points.
> As long as they dont ask crazy command line questions like dsquery...
>
> "Tez" wrote:
>
> > I took 70-290 last week (5 April). There were 44 questions. Time was 185
> > minutes up from 135. 4 were sims. Yes nearly all the other questions are the
> > same. Well, they change every time you take it, you know that right? I took
> > the exam 4 times and I never got the same question twice!
> >
> > My advice is to click to review the sims and do all the other questions
> > first then go back to the sims at the end. That's what I did. I was in and
> > out with 1:15 minutes left over!
> >
> > "manageyou" wrote:
> >
> > > I know the test changed for the better with simulation technology. Are there
> > > still 40 Questions? How many are sims? Are the other questions the same?
> > > thanks in advance, I'm taking the exam tomorrow.
> > > Stephen
> > > --
> > > as you make a living, dont forget to live

manageyou

what a waste of time!! went to take the test today but prometric didn’t have
me in for the test. it turns out microsoft suspended the test without
notifying me
prometric as well did not notify me. (i was very upset) anyway I can't
reschedule until the 13th.
prometric ended up comping me a free future test.
I'm wondering why other test sites weren’t suspended...
thnx again