Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Getting Hands-On Experience for Cert Exams

Getting Hands-On Experience for Cert Exams

catwalker63

"jpersona" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:00f301c53e01$e2acc4f0$(E-Mail Removed):

> what company makes virtualab?

What is being referred to is software that allows you to setup virtual
machines and create a network on a single computer. You can use vmware,
ms virtual pc, or ms virtual server to accomplish this. Each has its own
requirements for hardware and host OS, so do some research before
choosing which one to go with. All of them have evaluation versions that
can be used for a limited time at no cost.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

Larry

Interesting to read how people got their break in IT. Sometimes it is a case
of who u know more than what u know. I retrained in IT and although my first
IT job was better money than my old job, it wasnt really that much, and the
job was boring.
The first job was basically imaging PC's and to be honest doesnt require a
qualification, just someone with 10 mins to spare to show u what to do.
I then moved to work in education looking looking after a 2000 server and
win98 network. I then Then when the school decided to invest in new 2003
servers and xp workstations, finally things got interesting, although i
realised i didnt know a lot.
You might have to start on lower pay, but give every job a chance, even
unpaid work experience if u arent working. Although home networks are ok,
experience is better. I learnt loads in past 2.5 years.
i was lucky, money isnt great but experience is worth more. hoping to pass
MCSA and move on. first exam in months time.