Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Third time's the charm?

Third time's the charm?

Dan

Hi Chris,

Best of luck, I am in exactly the same boat
3rd attempt this coming Thursday, 31st.
Not sure what the hell I'll do if I don't get it this
time, waiting another 2 weeks attempting to study the
same stuff again while the free exam attempt is being
offered for the other exams of the MCSA.
?I was unsure of your post, were you able to book the
second shot for free after sitting the 70-290 on your
third attempt?

Cheers,
Dan.

(31st). Hopefully
>this time will be it. I really would like to be a MCSA

by June, which is
>when I plan to start actively looking for a new job. I'm

actually feeling
>confident about it this time. I'm consistently scoring

above 80% on practice
>tests, not on the strength of having seen the questions

before, but on the
>strength of knowing *why* the correct answer is correct.

It's feeling good.
>Free retake after this one if I fsck it up again, so

that takes some
>pressure off.
>
>As for 70-291, does anyone think that 291 is harder or

easier than 290? The
>reason I ask is that the exam cram book for 291 is

almost 200 pages shorter
>than the one for 290.
>
>I realise that it doesn't necessarily follow that less

material = easier
>exam, but is there really less to learn for 291?
>
>While we're on the subject, I haven't bought a proper

text for 291 yet. Any
>recommendations? I've not been impressed with Sybex as

far as 290 goes.