Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Re: Second Shot

Re: Second Shot

The Rev \(MCT\)

Yes, you have to register the second shot offer when you register the
initial test with VUE or Prometric. You could call one of them and see if
they'd be willing to help you out, but I doubt it. Sorry about the test
though, good luck on the retake.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
"Chris M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:423c6f6f$0$565$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quick question about second shot:
>
> Do you have to register for it before you take the exam you think you

might
> fail?
>
> I took 70-290 and failed it earlier this month, but I hadn't been to the
> second shot page beforehand.
>
> If I schedule a retake of this exam, should I be able to get it for free

by
> giving the promotion code?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris.

Amey Abhyankar.

Nope. If you submitted that promo code while registering for 1st exam you
could
get free exam. I guess you did not aware of this offer before. Anyway try
may be
you'll get free offer. Or check out at www.prometric.com

See ya,
Amey.
[ M.C.P. Since 2002 ; M.C.S.E. Windows 2000 ; M.C.S.A. Windows server
2003 ; M.C.S.E. Windows server 2003 ]

blastingfonda

You can use the code once for every paid test you take. If you use the
code when registering and fail the 70-290 this time, you can take the
70-290 again. If you pass, you have to pay another $125 (or whatever
you are paying) to take the 70-291. Use the code while registering and
fail the 70-291 the first time and you get a free retake of just that
test. Hope that makes sense...

Chris M wrote:

> Cheers Rev,
>
> Another question then:
>
> Let's say I use the promotion code when I take 70-290 again, just in

case I
> (God forbid) fail a third time.
>
> If I don't fail the exam and therefore don't claim my free retake,

can I
> re-use the offer when I book my next exam (70-291), in case I fail

that one?

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Chris.

The Rev \(MCT\)

That's correct. You can only use on retake per exam, but as mentioned you an
retake as many different exams as you can take.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..