Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA: just passed 70-290, need advice on next

MCSA: just passed 70-290, need advice on next

pennino

Hello,

I passed today my first MCP exam, 70-290 (I got 925). I'd
like to go the MCSA route, so I should now consider any of
the following:

70-291, 70-270 and the elective (I'm thinking about 70-
299).

The logical route would be 70-291 but it seems that MS is
going to change the exam format starting April the 1st
(starting with the 70-290 and 70-291 exams) so I'm afraid
to find myself in the middle of a transition not knowing
exactly how to prepare.

Should I go for the 70-270 ?

Any advice ?

Thank you.

peterpan

Hi, I think you should go for 70-291 before the exam change its format by
April 1st.
I passed already 70-290 and 70-270. Exam 70-270 seems easy for me to pass.
So, dont' bother your mind about it. I plan to take the 291 by next week
before the format change by April.

peterpan
mcp 270, 290, Net+

"pennino" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I passed today my first MCP exam, 70-290 (I got 925). I'd
> like to go the MCSA route, so I should now consider any of
> the following:
>
> 70-291, 70-270 and the elective (I'm thinking about 70-
> 299).
>
> The logical route would be 70-291 but it seems that MS is
> going to change the exam format starting April the 1st
> (starting with the 70-290 and 70-291 exams) so I'm afraid
> to find myself in the middle of a transition not knowing
> exactly how to prepare.
>
> Should I go for the 70-270 ?
>
> Any advice ?
>
> Thank you.

pennino

Thank you for your advice. But how long have you been
preparing for 70-291 ? I was able to pass 70-290 in 15
days but I already had experience on most of the topics
(although on Windows 2000 and not Windows 2003). I had a
look at the 70-291 objective list:

and I'm definitely not as proficient. I'm particularly
worried about Routing and Remote Access where I have
little hands-on experience (and not with Microsoft
solutions anyway).

I don't think 15 days will suffice that's why I am worried
about finding myself entangled in the transition. BTW:
does anybody know if there is a demo of the new format
available anywhere yet ?

The Rev \(MCT\)

FYI Peter Pan: The change has already begun.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
"peterpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I think you should go for 70-291 before the exam change its format by
> April 1st.
> I passed already 70-290 and 70-270. Exam 70-270 seems easy for me to pass.
> So, dont' bother your mind about it. I plan to take the 291 by next week
> before the format change by April.
>
> peterpan
> mcp 270, 290, Net+
>

> "pennino" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I passed today my first MCP exam, 70-290 (I got 925). I'd
> > like to go the MCSA route, so I should now consider any of
> > the following:
> >
> > 70-291, 70-270 and the elective (I'm thinking about 70-
> > 299).
> >
> > The logical route would be 70-291 but it seems that MS is
> > going to change the exam format starting April the 1st
> > (starting with the 70-290 and 70-291 exams) so I'm afraid
> > to find myself in the middle of a transition not knowing
> > exactly how to prepare.
> >
> > Should I go for the 70-270 ?
> >
> > Any advice ?
> >
> > Thank you.

James

the change begins on March 31 according to microsoft

"The Rev (MCT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eo9Ue$(E-Mail Removed)...
> FYI Peter Pan: The change has already begun.
>
> --
> "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44
> I may sound arrogant at times, but that's only because I'm always right.
>
> Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
> justafreak.com
> .
> "peterpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, I think you should go for 70-291 before the exam change its format by
>> April 1st.
>> I passed already 70-290 and 70-270. Exam 70-270 seems easy for me to
>> pass.
>> So, dont' bother your mind about it. I plan to take the 291 by next week
>> before the format change by April.
>>
>> peterpan
>> mcp 270, 290, Net+
>>

>> "pennino" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I passed today my first MCP exam, 70-290 (I got 925). I'd
>> > like to go the MCSA route, so I should now consider any of
>> > the following:
>> >
>> > 70-291, 70-270 and the elective (I'm thinking about 70-
>> > 299).
>> >
>> > The logical route would be 70-291 but it seems that MS is
>> > going to change the exam format starting April the 1st
>> > (starting with the 70-290 and 70-291 exams) so I'm afraid
>> > to find myself in the middle of a transition not knowing
>> > exactly how to prepare.
>> >
>> > Should I go for the 70-270 ?
>> >
>> > Any advice ?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

James

I would give it a try, learn what you can and write the test. Currently
micorsoft will give you a second shot for free. So just make sure you
register for the second shot thing, and if you fail, no big deal cause you
get a second shot at the exam for free!

"pennino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:047001c52a0f$cd2335c0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thank you for your advice. But how long have you been
> preparing for 70-291 ? I was able to pass 70-290 in 15
> days but I already had experience on most of the topics
> (although on Windows 2000 and not Windows 2003). I had a
> look at the 70-291 objective list:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.asp
>
> and I'm definitely not as proficient. I'm particularly
> worried about Routing and Remote Access where I have
> little hands-on experience (and not with Microsoft
> solutions anyway).
>
> I don't think 15 days will suffice that's why I am worried
> about finding myself entangled in the transition. BTW:
> does anybody know if there is a demo of the new format
> available anywhere yet ?

Not begins is done by March 31. And tell that to the students I've had that
have taken the new style tests. They will tell you differently.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> the change begins on March 31 according to microsoft
>
> "The Rev (MCT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eo9Ue$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > FYI Peter Pan: The change has already begun.
> >
> > --
> > "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44
> > I may sound arrogant at times, but that's only because I'm always right.
> >
> > Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
> > justafreak.com
> > .
> > "peterpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi, I think you should go for 70-291 before the exam change its format

by
> >> April 1st.
> >> I passed already 70-290 and 70-270. Exam 70-270 seems easy for me to
> >> pass.
> >> So, dont' bother your mind about it. I plan to take the 291 by next

week
> >> before the format change by April.
> >>
> >> peterpan
> >> mcp 270, 290, Net+

ngannamconmai1010@yahoo.com

Hi !
Congratulations!
I known you passed your exam 70-290.I prepare also exam at
next week but i unsure of oneself .i don't known what the
lastest version of 70-290 testking.Can you share it for
me?
Thank you for your reading

blastingfonda

> Hi !
> Congratulations!
> I known you passed your exam 70-290.I prepare also exam at
> next week but i unsure of oneself .i don't known what the
> lastest version of 70-290 testking.Can you share it for
> me?
> Thank you for your reading

You're a cheating, brain-dumping idiot who deserves to fail whatever
exam you're desperate to get cheat sheets for.

catwalker63

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
prattled ceaslessly in news:0c1901c52c33$4c28e570$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi !
> Congratulations!
> I known you passed your exam 70-290.I prepare also exam at
> next week but i unsure of oneself .i don't known what the
> lastest version of 70-290 testking.Can you share it for
> me?
> Thank you for your reading

Go away A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R!!

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

“If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would
deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain