Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Trouble with Airport Express and Microsoft MN-500 Wireless Router

Trouble with Airport Express and Microsoft MN-500 Wireless Router

=?Utf-8?B?bWZyYW5rMQ==?=

My wireless network uses the Microsoft MN-500 router. I
currently have 3 PC's connected and working flawlessly with
my cable internet connection. I just purchased a Power Mac
G5 with Airport Express. Airport finds my Network, but
gives an error message saying it had a problem connecting to
it. It gives no hint as to what the specific problem is.
I'm well within range (about 20 feet), have the Airport
antenna plugged in and have disabled all security (like WEP
and MAC filtering). I set up a conference call with both
Apple and Microsoft tech support and both were clueless
(though quite ready to blame the other's product).

I greatly appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

All MS wireless hardware has been discontinued and the 500 is really old now
and should be tossed. Even my MN 700 router doesn't work with the newer
security formats & will never be updated. Do yourself a favor and buy a newer
wireless router that uses WPA2 security. Read about it here & research it on
the Web: