Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > A+ and N+ towards Win2K MCSA

A+ and N+ towards Win2K MCSA

Soupsplatterer

I've done some research that I'd like to verify with MS certification gurus.
Thanks for the help in advance. I've taken and passed both A+ exams and plan
on taking N+ before next month is out. Since I have already passed MS's
70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-21 core exam
before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the telephone)
to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be helpful.

lowdes

http://www.comptia.org/certification...gnup_form.aspx

"Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've done some research that I'd like to verify with MS certification
> gurus.
> Thanks for the help in advance. I've taken and passed both A+ exams and
> plan
> on taking N+ before next month is out. Since I have already passed MS's
> 70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-21 core
> exam
> before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the
> telephone)
> to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be helpful.

Soupsplatterer

Thank you sir. You are both wise and kind.

"lowdes" wrote:

> http://www.comptia.org/certification...gnup_form.aspx
>

> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've done some research that I'd like to verify with MS certification
> > gurus.
> > Thanks for the help in advance. I've taken and passed both A+ exams and
> > plan
> > on taking N+ before next month is out. Since I have already passed MS's
> > 70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-21 core
> > exam
> > before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the
> > telephone)
> > to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be helpful.

Soupsplatterer

I've got a follow up question. It looks as if the Comptia A+ and N+ elective
option does not follow through when obtaining an MCSE. Is this true?

"lowdes" wrote:

> http://www.comptia.org/certification...gnup_form.aspx
>

> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've done some research that I'd like to verify with MS certification
> > gurus.
> > Thanks for the help in advance. I've taken and passed both A+ exams and
> > plan
> > on taking N+ before next month is out. Since I have already passed MS's
> > 70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-21 core
> > exam
> > before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the
> > telephone)
> > to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be helpful.

lowdes

I have my MCSA and it does follow thru!

"Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a follow up question. It looks as if the Comptia A+ and N+
> elective
> option does not follow through when obtaining an MCSE. Is this true?
>
> "lowdes" wrote:
>
>> http://www.comptia.org/certification...gnup_form.aspx
>>

>> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've done some research that I'd like to verify with MS certification
>> > gurus.
>> > Thanks for the help in advance. I've taken and passed both A+ exams and
>> > plan
>> > on taking N+ before next month is out. Since I have already passed MS's
>> > 70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-21
>> > core
>> > exam
>> > before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the
>> > telephone)
>> > to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be
>> > helpful.

James

it does not follow through, you'll have to write the security plus test,
instead

"Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a follow up question. It looks as if the Comptia A+ and N+
> elective
> option does not follow through when obtaining an MCSE. Is this true?
>
> "lowdes" wrote:
>
>> http://www.comptia.org/certification...gnup_form.aspx
>>

>> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've done some research that I'd like to verify with MS certification
>> > gurus.
>> > Thanks for the help in advance. I've taken and passed both A+ exams and
>> > plan
>> > on taking N+ before next month is out. Since I have already passed MS's
>> > 70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-21
>> > core
>> > exam
>> > before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the
>> > telephone)
>> > to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be
>> > helpful.

cbair

Incorrect...A+ and Net+ are the equivalant of 1 elective on the MCSA/MCSA
track. Please check on line and Microsoft or CompTia can verify this for you.

"James" wrote:

> it does not follow through, you'll have to write the security plus test,
> instead
>
> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've got a follow up question. It looks as if the Comptia A+ and N+
> > elective
> > option does not follow through when obtaining an MCSE. Is this true?
> >
> > "lowdes" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.comptia.org/certification...gnup_form.aspx
> >>

> >> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

James

incorrect

Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA
Network+ or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified
System Administrator (MCSA) certification program. In addition, Microsoft
accepts CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both the MCSA and the Microsoft
Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications, and as a specialization
option for the MCSA: Security and MCSE: Security certifications.

As an alternative to the electives listed above, these third-party
certifications or certification combinations may substitute for an MCSE
elective:

CompTIA Exams Courses Books
CompTIA Security+7

Just security+ for MCSE, a+ and N+ are only good for MCSA.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

"cbair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Incorrect...A+ and Net+ are the equivalant of 1 elective on the MCSA/MCSA
> track. Please check on line and Microsoft or CompTia can verify this for
> you.
>
> "James" wrote:
>
>> it does not follow through, you'll have to write the security plus test,
>> instead
>>
>> "Soupsplatterer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've got a follow up question. It looks as if the Comptia A+ and N+
>> > elective
>> > option does not follow through when obtaining an MCSE. Is this true?

Yes, You will only have 70-218 to get MCSA. If you go to
comptia.org click on certification and related
certifications there is a section where you can enter
your MCP# and Comptia will forward your transcript to
Microsoft.