Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-292 Retake?

70-292 Retake?

sb

I took the exam yesteday and failed with a score of 600.
I looked at my graphs and I answered all questions right
in two of the categories. I got what looked like 85
percent right in another and 70 on another. The two I
didn't do good in were Troubleshooting TS (30) and
Managing Security (60). It seems odd that I would only
get a 600 since I don't remember there being that many
troubleshooting TS questions anyway. I am wondering if I
should retake it right away or wait if something is
wrong. The explanation Microsoft gave me when I called
was that specific questions are weighted differently. One
could be worth much more than another so you could still
failing getting 75-80% of the questions right. I think
that is idiotic. If you know 75-80% you should be
certified. There is alot of material on this test.

Keith [MSFT]

Let me provide some clarification to the graphs and the answer you received
from support. The graphs should only be used to help you understand the areas
you did well in and the areas that may need improvement. They cannot be used
to determine the pass/fail outcome. Also, the weighting is done at the
functional group level not the question level, therefore it is possible to do
poorly in a couple of the areas and not pass the test (because they were
weighted heavily) even though you did great in the other areas. I hope you
decide to take the test again. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Keith

"sb" wrote:

> I took the exam yesteday and failed with a score of 600.
> I looked at my graphs and I answered all questions right
> in two of the categories. I got what looked like 85
> percent right in another and 70 on another. The two I
> didn't do good in were Troubleshooting TS (30) and
> Managing Security (60). It seems odd that I would only
> get a 600 since I don't remember there being that many
> troubleshooting TS questions anyway. I am wondering if I
> should retake it right away or wait if something is
> wrong. The explanation Microsoft gave me when I called
> was that specific questions are weighted differently. One
> could be worth much more than another so you could still
> failing getting 75-80% of the questions right. I think
> that is idiotic. If you know 75-80% you should be
> certified. There is alot of material on this test.

fmsmcse

Is it possible to know what's heavy and lift in the MS concepts when
correcting an exam?