Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > exam 70-292 FAILED. Score 650!!!!

exam 70-292 FAILED. Score 650!!!!

Kevin

Hi all,

Has anyone passed this exam since Jan 2005? I am MCSE
2000 and have 10 years IT and networking experience. I
have been using Windows Server 2003 almost 15 months and
have a good knowledge and hands-on skills with this
product.

I was prepared for the exam and sat for the exam on
18/02/05, I was so confident that I will pass the exam
and I believe that I did well, but guess what? I FAILED
with a score of 650 and passing score of 700. I have done
many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
one (70-292).
has anyone have any suggestion of what might went wrong
and what I can do to improve and pass the exam.

any suggestion welcome.

Regards,

Kevin

The Rev \(MCT\)

I'm sorry you failed, but you didn't need to post it 5 times.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:062b01c517c3$c442a250$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone passed this exam since Jan 2005? I am MCSE
> 2000 and have 10 years IT and networking experience. I
> have been using Windows Server 2003 almost 15 months and
> have a good knowledge and hands-on skills with this
> product.
>
> I was prepared for the exam and sat for the exam on
> 18/02/05, I was so confident that I will pass the exam
> and I believe that I did well, but guess what? I FAILED
> with a score of 650 and passing score of 700. I have done
> many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
> one (70-292).
> has anyone have any suggestion of what might went wrong
> and what I can do to improve and pass the exam.
>
> any suggestion welcome.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin

Kevin

I was asking for your suggestions, not for your arrogant
respond.

I'm always right.

>Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
>justafreak.com
>..
>"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:062b01c517c3$c442a250$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone passed this exam since Jan 2005? I am MCSE
>> 2000 and have 10 years IT and networking experience. I
>> have been using Windows Server 2003 almost 15 months

and
>> have a good knowledge and hands-on skills with this
>> product.
>>
>> I was prepared for the exam and sat for the exam on
>> 18/02/05, I was so confident that I will pass the exam
>> and I believe that I did well, but guess what? I FAILED
>> with a score of 650 and passing score of 700. I have

done
>> many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
>> one (70-292).
>> has anyone have any suggestion of what might went wrong
>> and what I can do to improve and pass the exam.
>>
>> any suggestion welcome.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kevin

>.

The Rev \(MCT\)

Wasn't the fact you needed help. I just did not see any need for this
message to appear 5+ times.

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0d1c01c51869$9ccb9eb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was asking for your suggestions, not for your arrogant
> respond.

kd1966

In that case, I'm gonna be asking you for investment advice soon......
that and some 2000 server ?'s............

"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44
I may sound arrogant at times, but that's only because I'm always
right.

justafreak.com
..
"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0d1c01c51869$9ccb9eb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was asking for your suggestions, not for your arrogant
> respond.

Maddas69

Two of my co-workers have passed:

One took it twice and scored 500 and then 900
The other one took it three times and scored 650, 650 and 700

I have failed twice with 600 and 650......

The strange thing is that one of my other co-workers took the test and
failed with 600. He then checked up all the questions he could remember and
found out that out of the 40 questions you get on the test he verified that
he had the correct answer on 28, he had 2 obvious errors and he couldn`t
remember the last 10 questions.

So he must have had the wrong answer on all the last 10 questions he
couldn`t remember then to get a 600 score..........

This exam really stinks big time. It focuses on tiny silly stuff, mostly
things you NEVER use in the real world, and the questions are ment to trick
you into answering wrong.

On top of it all MS assumes you spend 30 minutes on all the declaimers and
explanations in the beginning of the test, and therefore deducts 30 minutes
from the total of 180 min you have to take the exam. Now come on.........the
introductions takes 5 minutes max.............

But then again.....it is the first time these tests actually has been
difficult.......so I am up for the challenge, as long as the stuff is
relevant, and the tests are fair, which I don`t think they are at the moment.

"Darrell" wrote:

> If you have taken this exam in 2005, please let us know
> if you have passed. Also in your opinion how closely did
> the exam follow to skill matrix in the 70-292 preparation
> guide: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-292.asp
> There has been a lot of talk about this exam being
> broken, that it does not follow the skills matrix. Please
> let us know what you think.
> Thanks,
> Darrell
> ..

catwalker63

"=?Utf-8?B?TWFkZGFzNjk=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Two of my co-workers have passed:
>
> One took it twice and scored 500 and then 900
> The other one took it three times and scored 650, 650 and 700
>
> I have failed twice with 600 and 650......
>
> The strange thing is that one of my other co-workers took the test and
> failed with 600. He then checked up all the questions he could
> remember and found out that out of the 40 questions you get on the
> test he verified that he had the correct answer on 28, he had 2
> obvious errors and he couldn`t remember the last 10 questions.
>
> So he must have had the wrong answer on all the last 10 questions he
> couldn`t remember then to get a 600 score..........

If you are looking to figure out how many questions you can get wrong to
get a pass, you will fail. The actual percentages are obscured
deliberately. All exams have a passing score of 700 but that does not
equate to 70% or 700/1000. Questions are weighted -- one question may be
worth more than another. In addition, an acceptable level for each exam
is determined and that level is given the label "700" (maybe 63% is
equated to 700 or 85% or 99% -- no one is allowed to know). All results
above and below the acceptable level are reported using that scale.
There have been reported scores for MS exams over 1000. And every exam
has the potential to have a different acceptable level. So you aren't
going to be able to count how many questions you "know" you got right and
make it mean anything in relation to your score report.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

"Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

fmsmcse

I agree and don't accept to fail at fool stuff, really useless in the real
world.

In the real world you can go back one screen if you are prompted for an
error, but MCSE's been oblied to debug scripts and cmd lines with mbsa????
RIDICULOUS.

LET'S MEASURE KNOWLEDGE, NOT "BY THE BOOK" STUFF!!