Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Passed 70-292 in 2005?

Passed 70-292 in 2005?

Jake

Apparently MS would like some feedback regarding this exam. A link was
sent to me for a survey regarding this exam.

http://web.survey-poll.com/bin/surve...n&geo=NZL&pf=2

This link might not work, but try it.

fmsmcse

It worked, thanks.

Let's post it as a new subject so that people can complain with us?

"Jake" wrote:

> Apparently MS would like some feedback regarding this exam. A link was
> sent to me for a survey regarding this exam.
>
> http://web.survey-poll.com/bin/surve...n&geo=NZL&pf=2
>
> This link might not work, but try it.

bee@packetoasis.com

Same here - 8 yrs. exp and over 400 logged hours of study time for 292.
Scored a 600.

Question asked me to modify visual basic code?? Ok what objective of
the 6 is that one in please?

Stupid answer sets:

Server a forwards from server B
Server B forwards from server A

Wide reciever forwards pass from quarterback
Quarterback forwards pass from wide receiver

Uh???

Yeah I was disgusted too. I know MS was under pressure to show a slim
margin of passes to show that they did something about the cheating but
this does not test my skills. This just bills me for more exams and
throws questions at me that I cannot answer because material is not
from objectives or the question is so poorly written.

I'm done. Yes I will continue to learn the MS products as they are so
widely used but here's my main point....

As engineers we support MS and in effect help them. When the insurance
company that I used to work for calls, when county law enforcement
calls, when any of my clients call and ask what products should they
use it's always been MS because I know it so well.

This quarter I'm looking at contracts and purchases that total more
than 500K for 3 different clients and this will be the first time that
Non MS products will be the greater portion. MS will be less than 10%
vs the 100% it used to be.

2 way street MS. You can't get the cert thing down so I'm done with it
and you.

John Collins

Here here! I think the points made here are spot on.

I spent 5 months studying for 292 and have never failed an MCP in 7 years
before now. I got 650 and really could not pin-point an area where I could
have done better? (Having no break down of the exam didn't help, but as we
know that's another story!)

I think Microsoft are really in danger of alienating loyal non-cheating MCSA
/ Es. And as for deterring the cheaters, I honestly can't see a way of
passing this exam without cheating!!... which I won't do, so for me also,
it's goodbye to further MS qualifications.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...