Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 & 70-291 Book Recomendations

70-290 & 70-291 Book Recomendations

MH

Anyone have a preference of a certain vendor that does a good job studying
for these tests? I've looked at Amazon and both MS and Sybex both have
multiple horrible reviews. I just passed the 70-210 exam with a 919 so I
am familar with the OS and have a strong networking background already. I
used an older MS book for the 70-210 in addition to free online practice
exams. I don't have access to a 2003 server though so that might make things
more difficult.

Thanks!

DJ Borell

I've always used the MS books to study along with SelfTest Software's
practice tests. MS books can, at times, be a hard read, but I've never read
a good tech manual that was on par with a Stephen King novel. The point is
to know the material and be able to put it in practice.

An added plus of the MS Press books is that the 70-29x series all come with
an evaluation copy of Server 2003 (6 month time bomb) for those who don't
otherwise have a copy. If you're going to take the tests and get certified,
you absolutely need to have a box to learn on.

"MH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have a preference of a certain vendor that does a good job studying
> for these tests? I've looked at Amazon and both MS and Sybex both have
> multiple horrible reviews. I just passed the 70-210 exam with a 919
> so I
> am familar with the OS and have a strong networking background already. I
> used an older MS book for the 70-210 in addition to free online practice
> exams. I don't have access to a 2003 server though so that might make
> things
> more difficult.
>
> Thanks!

Steve

Try this..... MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Core Requirements, Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=books&n=3456

You can download a trial verion of Win2003 at Microsoft web site.

"MH" wrote:

> Anyone have a preference of a certain vendor that does a good job studying
> for these tests? I've looked at Amazon and both MS and Sybex both have
> multiple horrible reviews. I just passed the 70-210 exam with a 919 so I
> am familar with the OS and have a strong networking background already. I
> used an older MS book for the 70-210 in addition to free online practice
> exams. I don't have access to a 2003 server though so that might make things
> more difficult.
>
> Thanks!

303brit

I passed the 70-291 yesterday with 887 and used the Microsoft self paced
training guides and the 2003 deployment giude.

David

Could you tell me where I can found this sources???

Thank you

"303brit" wrote:

> I passed the 70-291 yesterday with 887 and used the Microsoft self paced
> training guides and the 2003 deployment giude.

CBIC

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5433.asp
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

spadger

exam cram 70 290
2 books search on the net any search engine or amazon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> David wrote:
> > Could you tell me where I can found this sources???
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "303brit" wrote:
> >
> >> I passed the 70-291 yesterday with 887 and used the Microsoft self
> >> paced training guides and the 2003 deployment giude.

> http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5433.asp
> --
> aka
> Doom MCNGP #38
> We should make it a new member requirement to know what CBIC and JTYC
> stand for

After reading both the sybex and syngress books for both
290 and 291, it seems to me that sybex (500+ pages)is way
more condensed. I guess its for people who already have
experience with the topics.
The syngress one is (1000+) pages and explains stuff more
thoroughly. Its good if you are new to the concepts in
those tests.
I read the syngress book first and then used the sybex for
reviewing topics when doing practice tests. It was a good
system for me.