Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > PrepLogic Practice Exams

PrepLogic Practice Exams

Mike

I recently purchased the PrepLogic Practice Exam for 70-210 Exam. Have
others experienced incomplete questions/answers to multiple questions? Their
test will say two answers are correct, but then their answers will say three
are actually correct, etc. I'm concerned that I'm actually learning the
WRONG things. Would others care to comment on the worthiness of their
practice tools? Do others have reconmendations (for other vendors) as I
progress through different exams? Thanks!

Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

How about trying to actually learn instead of using a practice exam to help
you. Read books get hands-on and learn something.

--
"The Rev"
Microsoft Certified Trainer

..
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently purchased the PrepLogic Practice Exam for 70-210 Exam. Have
> others experienced incomplete questions/answers to multiple questions?

Their
> test will say two answers are correct, but then their answers will say

three
> are actually correct, etc. I'm concerned that I'm actually learning the
> WRONG things. Would others care to comment on the worthiness of their
> practice tools? Do others have reconmendations (for other vendors) as I
> progress through different exams? Thanks!

T-Bone

<Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> How about trying to actually learn instead of using a practice exam to

help
> you. Read books get hands-on and learn something.

What's wrong with using legitimate practice exams to evaluate your knowledge
of the material? Granted you can't use them to learn the material. As long
as they aren't br@indumps, its a good way to see if you are ready for the
exam.

I would suggest to the OP that they contact the company and/or see if they
have any errata posted on their web site.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

He did say practice exams for evaluate his knowledge, he said to learn. You
are correct however. I personally prefer the MeasureUP practice exams.

--
"The Rev"
Microsoft Certified Trainer

..
news:OX4nmV8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> > How about trying to actually learn instead of using a practice exam to

> help
> > you. Read books get hands-on and learn something.

> What's wrong with using legitimate practice exams to evaluate your

knowledge
> of the material? Granted you can't use them to learn the material. As long
> as they aren't br@indumps, its a good way to see if you are ready for the
> exam.
>
> I would suggest to the OP that they contact the company and/or see if they
> have any errata posted on their web site.
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

Kurt Hudson

Yes, there is bogus information in the PrepLogic material.
I have found several items. I personally like the Self
Test Software, but I've only used them for the 70-284.
That went very well and I like the online mentor feature.
I thought it was going to be useless, but I actually got
someone to answer technical questions online. I used to
think Transcender was the best, but they just bury you
will material trying to cover their Guarantee. I don't
care about the guarantee as much as getting the concepts
as quickly and easily as possible.

Anyways, I am very picky when it comes to stuff like this,
so I am sure I will eventually find something wrong with
Self Test Software. For now, though, I would say they are
the best I have seen for these new exams.

Hands on experience is important. Unfortunately, the new
simulation testing doesn't work like the real operating
system, so even hands-on won't really help. You pretty
much have to get lucky on that. I did the first time I
tried, but most of my simulations worked (only one didn't
allow me to complete the assigned task). However, I had
several colleagues who failed the 290 exam because they
couldn't do what the simulation question wanted them to do
because the buttons didn't work correctly. I think the
simulations are a terrible implementation of what was a
good idea. They just cannot seem to get that right. Just
like the IIS 4.0 exam all over again. That was a nightmare
and these new simulations are looking like they will also
be a nightmare. Terrible stuff. The colleagues who failed
were all network administrators with plenty of experience
to pass those exams, they just couldn't make the
simulations work.

inches/second