Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Digital Signature SP1RC1 2003 Server.

Digital Signature SP1RC1 2003 Server.

Nergalsharazer

Is sp1 rc1 for the 2003 server products supposed to have a digital
signature. I just downloaded it and my download doesn't have one.

Wayne

Why would it have one? It's an executable than expands into a multitude of
different files, some of those may be digitally signed, some may not. Or are
you asking why there's no MD5 hash or similar?

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz

"Nergalsharazer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is sp1 rc1 for the 2003 server products supposed to have a digital
> signature. I just downloaded it and my download doesn't have one.

Nergalsharazer

XP sp1 and sp2 have digital signatures. If a file has a digital signature
that is valid, doesn't that mean that the file has not been tampered with?
If this is the case, that is why I ask, I don't want to apply a service pack
to my machine that has been tampered with in transit.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...