Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > How to find shares from my windows xp machine on a sbs 2000 over v

How to find shares from my windows xp machine on a sbs 2000 over v

Jon

Hello

I hope anybody can help me. At home I have windows xp client and I made with
a third party vpn client software a vpn connection to the router at my work.
The tunnel works perfect. The problem is that I cannot connect to the shares
on the DC and I also cannot ping it. I turned off all the firewalls, but
still cannot connect. The Dc is a small business server 2000. How can I make
this work?
--
Thanks

Jim D

I would try editing the host file for starters

sometimes it works

beb

What type of router are you using what is your setup ISA? Is the router
configured to forward to the SBS DC IP address? Is the VPN service set up
correctly.

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I hope anybody can help me. At home I have windows xp client and I made

with
> a third party vpn client software a vpn connection to the router at my

work.
> The tunnel works perfect. The problem is that I cannot connect to the

shares
> on the DC and I also cannot ping it. I turned off all the firewalls, but
> still cannot connect. The Dc is a small business server 2000. How can I

make
> this work?
> --
> Thanks

AR

you have a ip adress the same as your network and the vpn
is getting confused thinking why is this person using vpn
if they are on the same network. try changing you xp
machines ip and see if that works