Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Is it worth it

Is it worth it

Marcus Kana

Hi,
Just curious, all my life ( well from about 8 years old playing with the BBC
microcomputer with not even a floppy disk drive.) i have been into computers.
Never really worked in an actually IT job though, i have maintained for over
3 years a 5 computer network at home, just for trial.
At present I have taken on the IT of our organisation (Win 2k server, Exch
2000, 32 clients with mixed Win 2k & Win Xp.) because i had the most
knowledge in our organisation. Have been at it for 6 months. does that mean i
should now be able to study for and take the MCSA exams or do i have to sit
out the 1 year.
thanks

--
Cheers,
Marcus K

god

give it about 3 more years then consider it again,

LnkWizard

"Marcus Kana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Just curious, all my life ( well from about 8 years old playing with the

BBC
> microcomputer with not even a floppy disk drive.) i have been into

computers.
> Never really worked in an actually IT job though, i have maintained for

over
> 3 years a 5 computer network at home, just for trial.
> At present I have taken on the IT of our organisation (Win 2k server, Exch
> 2000, 32 clients with mixed Win 2k & Win Xp.) because i had the most
> knowledge in our organisation. Have been at it for 6 months. does that

mean i
> should now be able to study for and take the MCSA exams or do i have to

sit
> out the 1 year.
> thanks
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Marcus K
> Alcohol & Drug Foundation ACT Inc
> Helping you choose a better life
> Http://www.adfact.org

Since you had the personal network for some time, I think you could
possibly count that. The 1 year is only a suggestion, not a requirement.
If you feel that you are ready to tackle the process, go for it.
Just stay away from the br@indump practice tests and study
materials.

LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

Worth buying modem router? =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?= Wireless Networking 2 07-05-2005 02:33 PM
How much is Bill worth right now? Me_and_you ASP .Net 18 02-12-2005 03:21 AM
Market worth? Nickolas Microsoft Certification 2 12-10-2004 12:06 AM
Is it worth it? Russ McKenna ASP .Net 5 12-06-2003 06:47 PM
MCSE Cert. Is it still worth it? Dominique Feteau Microsoft Certification 3 11-05-2003 08:43 PM

Advertisments