Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Trancenders Exams

Trancenders Exams

pab

What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?

Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?

Regards
pab

Neil

yada, yada, yada pab <(E-Mail Removed)> said...yada, yada, yada in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
>
> Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
>
> Regards
> pab

yes they are

--
Neil MCNGP #30

pab

Neil wrote:
> yada, yada, yada pab <(E-Mail Removed)> said...yada, yada, yada in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
>>
>>Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
>>
>>Regards
>>pab

> yes they are

They are what ... ???

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, pab climbed on a soapbox & opined:

> Neil wrote:
>> yada, yada, yada pab <(E-Mail Removed)> said...yada, yada, yada in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>>What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
>>>
>>>Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>pab

>> yes they are
>>

> They are what ... ???

Exactly!

HTH.

JaR

Neil

yada, yada, yada JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> said...yada, yada, yada
in news:Xns957558CFD5FDBplentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.2 48.16:

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, pab climbed on a soapbox & opined:
>
>> Neil wrote:
>>> yada, yada, yada pab <(E-Mail Removed)> said...yada, yada, yada

in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> yes they are
>>>

>> They are what ... ???
>>

> Exactly!
>
> HTH.
>
> JaR

how right you are

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

yada, yada, yada pab <(E-Mail Removed)> said...yada, yada, yada in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> They are what ... ???

they sure are...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester

Hmmm.. Interesting question.. Even more interesting responses...

I haven't looked into Trancenders, so I'm not entirely sure.. Although, I'm
guessing that the other posters equate them to cheating. My guess is,
they're a little TOO close to actual test questions.

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter if the tests are easier, harder, or
about the same as the Microsoft ones.. What matters is, do you actually know
the material? Anyone can score perfectly if they've taken the practice
tests and the questions are almost exactly like the real test. But, does
that make that person qualified?

I would equate it to someone walking in with the answers in hand.. Do they
know the material? No.

A better and more honest question to ask everyone here (And, I'm asking,
since at some point, I'm going after my MCP's) What would you recommend as
study aids for the test? And for Practice Tests?

I've ran copies of Exam Sim 5.5 and it's pretty good for the A+, but I don't
know what simulators are good for the MCP's.

Patrick.

--
Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...
"pab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
>
> Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
>
> Regards
> pab

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester
climbed on a soapbox & opined:

> Hmmm.. Interesting question.. Even more interesting responses...
>
> I<SNIPPAGE> some point, I'm going after my MCP's) What would you
> recommend as study aids for the test? And for Practice Tests?
>
> I've ran copies of Exam Sim 5.5 and it's pretty good for the A+, but I
> don't know what simulators are good for the MCP's.

To be honest, I can't in honesty recommend *any* of the practice tests. If
you truly know your stuff, you don't need them. If you just want to get a
feel for the format of the MS tests, there are sample Qs available for free
on the net, and they are a colossal waste of money. Too many use practice
tests as a "sudy aid". That is not the way to enlightenment, grasshopper.

I used Measure ups to prepare for the first couple of exams I took, but
only used the free resources on the web for the last two, and saved a bunch
of money.

JaR

beoweolf

To say that test simulations (Take note that I said "Test Simulations", not
Brain Dumps)...to say that you don't need them, if you know your stuff, is a
just a bit foolish.

The end game in such a view would be saying that books and manuals, classes
and study groups are a waste of time or cheating. They are legitimate tools,
used properly, that will give you an idea of the depth of content you need
to know to take and pass an examination. Knowledge is not like instinct, you
are born with it it, you learn it from someone, from experience or from
reading, study

Anyone who has been in this business with more than one employer, can
testify as to the very different duties required in various enterprises. You
could be a very effective, knowledgable Admin/Analyst for an established
shop and never use 80% of what is required to pass an examination. The proof
is in the number of long time NT-MCSE and W2K-MCSE that do not pass
upgrade exams on first try. Often I hear lamentations along the lines
of..."I went into the test thinking I would pass with a 900 or
850"...or..."I was surprised when I squeezed by with a 710 or I missed it by
10-20 points". Some of these are people that are very effective in their
jobs and knowledgable in troubleshooting, have great daily administrative
skills...but the test bring up things that you may or may not use on a daily
basis. Probably...the only people that could pass the test without either
attending ATC classes or dedicated study of manuals would be a person
working in a busy consulting shop. They would be the only ones I would see
being active in installing, configuring everything from a bare floor to a
working installation on a frequent enough basis to take a Pop quiz and have
any hope of passing it.

I do agree, that you should not depend on test simulatons as major part of
your test prep. Hands on, OJT, and setting up test scenerios is the way to
keep your less used skill fresh or to develop new ones.
"pab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
>
> Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
>
> Regards
> pab

---

Jerz

Hmmm... I would say that your "guess" is wrong.... Unless things are
different with tests other than 272, 271, 270 and 290 ... Sorry, but I can't
forumulate a conclusion based on "other posters" (especially in THIS
newsgroup) equating "them to cheating". Perhaps otheres have differing
opinions based on info from the NT4.0 days but I haven't seen anything that
would equate Transcender to 'cheating' on the most recent tests that
microsoft currently offfers. I have not seen any question on Transcender
that were the same as on any of the tests that I have taken.

As far as study aids for *you* it varies from individual to individual....
not everyone has the same experience or the same way of thinking.... Some
people have excellent reading comprehension while others don't; some have
tons of money to throw at training while others are lucky to eat mac 'n
cheese every night.... In the end only you know the answer to your very own
question; there is no single answer. Go to a store flip through the books
and score one and don't rely on just one..... If you're going to take a test
you should know this stuff frontwards, backwards and upside downn...

I personally, use the press books, cbt nuggets, transcender, and my most
recent addtion is a book by Lee Scales (complete with test questions from
preplogic). Studying has got to come from more than one source unless you
have a tremendous amount of field experience....

Jerz

"Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester" <pd1ckey43(removeThis)@msn.com> wrote in
message news:el#wqD#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmmm.. Interesting question.. Even more interesting responses...
>
> I haven't looked into Trancenders, so I'm not entirely sure.. Although,

I'm
> guessing that the other posters equate them to cheating. My guess is,
> they're a little TOO close to actual test questions.
>
> In the end, I guess it doesn't matter if the tests are easier, harder, or
> about the same as the Microsoft ones.. What matters is, do you actually

know
> the material? Anyone can score perfectly if they've taken the practice
> tests and the questions are almost exactly like the real test. But, does
> that make that person qualified?
>
> I would equate it to someone walking in with the answers in hand.. Do

they
> know the material? No.
>
> A better and more honest question to ask everyone here (And, I'm asking,
> since at some point, I'm going after my MCP's) What would you recommend

as
> study aids for the test? And for Practice Tests?
>
> I've ran copies of Exam Sim 5.5 and it's pretty good for the A+, but I

don't
> know what simulators are good for the MCP's.
>
> Patrick.
>
> --
> Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...
> "pab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
> >
> > Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
> >
> > Regards
> > pab

Save 20% on exams! Use voucher: MSUU4C2E5280 for 20% Discount on MCP certification exams! Zwitterion Microsoft Certification 0 11-25-2005 08:24 PM
Trancenders prep material Tim Burns MCSD 5 10-16-2004 12:14 AM
Trancenders Exams pab MCSE 12 10-09-2004 08:07 PM
Trancenders? Zulfikar Fanuswala MCSE 5 10-28-2003 03:13 PM
AFter trancenders Zulfikar Fanuswala MCSE 0 10-27-2003 05:59 PM

Advertisments