Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Downloading a file from an ASPX Page

Downloading a file from an ASPX Page

Hi,

I generate a report in crystal and output it as a PDF.

I then add some details to my HTTP Headers so to download
the file.

When the user clicks on Download button I update some
server side labels.

However these changes do not get pushed out to the client.

When the user gets a screen asking them to save / open or
cancel teh download, this dialog box seems to take control
from the browser window and my labels on my page do not
get updated.

Anyone know how I can overcome this?

Thanks,
C.

John

C,

We had a similar problem. When they clicked download it was trying to
download the .aspx page and not the .pdf file. This was because they didn't
have adobe plug-in installed on their computer.

HTH
John

news:0c6901c3a3a6$96187630$(E-Mail Removed)...