Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MSCA Websites etc

MSCA Websites etc

Simon Dean

Im going down the MCSA route.
I was wondering if anybody has any advice for me or websites where i
can gain info on MSCA.
What kind of timescale should i be looking to pass and anyone know of
any good braindump sites or question sites.

Many thanks in advance

Simon Dean

nerd32768

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

www.microsoft.com

> What kind of timescale should i be looking to pass and anyone know of
> any good braindump sites or question sites.

first of all BRAINDUMPS ARE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
second, BRAINDUMPS ARE CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
third, read this posting from the MCSE newsgroup on july 21, 2004

The Ethics of Braindumping

The use of Braindumps is a very controversial and
confusing subject. Part of the problem is the lack of an
agreement as to what the term "Braindump" means. To some,
it means emptying everything in your memory onto paper.
This is actually a great thing to be able to do. When you
go to take a test, if you can write your notes from your
studies onto the sheets of paper that they give you for
just that purpose, it will be a terrific help in taking
the test. But that is not the most common definition of
Braindumps these days, and that is where the problems lie.

"Real Test Questions From Actual Tests!"

When you take a certification test, you are asked to sign
a legal statement that you will not divulge the contents
of the exam to anyone. Some vendors of the less than
savory kind will pay money to test takers who are willing
to break their contract with the testing originator to get
the actual test questions. So dishonesty is involved in
the creation of these types of Braindumps from the very
beginning. The creators of the Braindumps will then sell
these "test simulators" that have "real test questions
from actual tests" to those who are seeking the
certification. What they will not mention is that if the
test taker is identified as a user of these materials,
their present certification will be revoked, and any
future certification will not be allowed. Also, the person
who sold the questions to the vendor will lose their
certification, and any hope of future certification. And
what about the vendors themselves? Recently, CompTIA has
successfully sued a few of the Braindump vendors in court
and has won the suits. Part of the settlement included
lists of the customers that the vendors sold their
Braindumps to.

"But the Tests Are So Unfair!"

Back in my freshman year of college, I took a class in
ethics (it fulfilled the mandatory Philosophy
requirement). In this class we discussed Situational
Ethics, which is how do you behave ethically in an adverse
situation. In the realm of certification tests, there are
many complaints (many of them valid) that the tests are
unrealistic and unfair. In Ethics class the question would
have been phrased, "If a test is unfair, is that a valid
reason to cheat to pass it?" How you answer this question
depends on the value you place on having the certification
versus the value you place on your own integrity. In High
School and College, most of us would never have even
considered buying the questions and answers to an exam.
Why is certification different?

When Time is of the Essence

I can understand, and to some extent sympathize with the
temptation of the Braindumps. If you are under pressure
from a deadline to take the test or lose your job, and you
are not ready for the test, the temptation can be
overpowering. But how many people in this predicament go
to the boss and explain that they just need a few more
weeks to study? If you scheduled the test, and then
realize that you are not as prepared as you thought you
would be by the time the test is a few days away, you can
reschedule. I just called a very nice man at Prometric and
rescheduled a test that I was going to take on Thursday,
and he was ever so understanding and helpful. I am lucky
enough be on no ones' schedule but my own, but even if I
was under pressure from my job, I would prefer to tell the
boss that I was not ready than to feel that I would have
to cheat to keep my job.

Let's Get Practical

If the ethical argument does not persuade you to avoid
Braindumps, how about some practical observations? I have
seen some sites that claim to guarantee that you will pass
if you use their materials that include actual questions
from actual tests. But what if you still fail? What if
their answers are wrong? How do you go about suing a
company that you bought stolen test questions from? That
would certainly make for an interesting case! And that is
something that these companies count on. Also, if you have
time to memorize the questions and answers, why don't you
have the time to study and actually learn the material you
will need for the job that the certification validates
your skills and knowledge for?

Who Are You Trying To Kid?

Suppose that everything goes according to plan, and the
use of Braindumps to get the certification goes unnoticed
by anyone. If you have relied on anyone or anything other
than yourself to become certified, you will not have
gotten the knowledge you will need to do the job that you
got certified for. Many companies have technical
interviews that require you to demonstrate your skills
and/or knowledge. If you do not really have the abilities
that the certification claims for you, you will fail the
technical interview. This will make it that much harder
for you and for anyone who follows to get the job.
Companies do communicate with each other, and if you do
poorly in a technical interview, the word will get around.

So Why is There so Much Controversy?

If the only person to get hurt by the use of Braindumps is
the person who gets caught using them, why is there so
much controversy and anger over their use? The answer is
that it is all of the tech community that suffers. If
people can pass a certification by memorizing the
questions and answers, the certification loses its value
as a tool to demonstrate ability to do the job. This then,
becomes a negative reflection on all who hold that
certification. Unfortunately, the old adage that old adage
that "Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win" is not
always true. Sometimes a person can get a job or a
promotion by using Braindumps, and it makes the people who
use traditional study and hard work angry. This is a very
sad situation. The tech community contains a large number
of people who stand ready to help newcomers to learn the
tricks of the trade. The use of shortcuts instead of
actual learning is so unnecessary, and so divisive.

Do the Right Thing!

From both an ethical and a practical standpoint, the use
of Braindumps is a bad idea. Even if you do not get caught
and stripped of your certification, if you do not really
learn the knowledge and the skills you will ultimately
fail. You may be found out by making a mistake that costs
the company a lot of money and trouble, or you may be
found out by your fellow employees. If you really want a
place in the Information Technology field, you need to
really work at it. The easy way out is rarely the best
way. When you have really earned that certification
through hard work, it is worth so much more than just the
letters behind your name. As my mother always says to
me, "Do the right thing".

Good luck on the road to certification!

> Many thanks in advance
>
> Simon Dean

How about posting your question ONCE. not threee times

JaR

nerd32768 wrote:

<Non-attributed post snipped>

> letters behind your name. As my mother always says to
> me, "Do the right thing".
>
> Good luck on the road to certification!

Nice, but a quiet word of advice, nerd. You should always attribute when
you use someone else's material, lest you be accused of plagiarism

JaR

Will S

JaR wrote:

> nerd32768 wrote:
>
> <Non-attributed post snipped>
>
> > letters behind your name. As my mother always says to
> > me, "Do the right thing".
> >
> > Good luck on the road to certification!
> >

> Nice, but a quiet word of advice, nerd. You should always attribute
> when you use someone else's material, lest you be accused of
> plagiarism
>
> JaR

Indeed!

Don't Panic!

Re: PIL (etc etc etc) on OS X Kevin Walzer Python 4 08-13-2008 08:27 AM
MSCA -2000 to MCSA 2003 and MCSE 2003 =?Utf-8?B?R2FuaQ==?= Microsoft Certification 2 09-16-2006 04:02 PM
MSCA Websites etc Simon Dean MCSA 17 08-30-2004 07:29 AM
MSCA Websites etc Simon Dean MCSA 0 08-19-2004 07:50 AM
Re: How does MSCA compare to MCSE Wow Wee MCSE 7 02-26-2004 10:26 PM

Advertisments