Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > USB Wireless Adapters compatible with Win CE 2.0

USB Wireless Adapters compatible with Win CE 2.0

=?Utf-8?B?U0E0MDU=?=

We are planning to put in WYSE thin client model 1200LE. As our office has a
wireless lan , we had planned to put in dlink dwl g 122 usb wireless adapter
to get connected to our wlan and internet . But, we were informed that
Windows CE doesn't support these usb wireless adapters. If this is true, is
there any other way we can get networked ? Wyse has some top end models that
are XP driven but our budget doesnt allow us to put those in. Does anyone
know of any other makes of usb wireless adapters that would work with CE.
Any and all advise welcome.
Thanks !
S Anand

Pavel A.

"SA405" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are planning to put in WYSE thin client model 1200LE. As our office has a
> wireless lan , we had planned to put in dlink dwl g 122 usb wireless adapter
> to get connected to our wlan and internet . But, we were informed that
> Windows CE doesn't support these usb wireless adapters. If this is true, is
> there any other way we can get networked ? Wyse has some top end models that
> are XP driven but our budget doesnt allow us to put those in. Does anyone
> know of any other makes of usb wireless adapters that would work with CE.
> Any and all advise welcome.
> Thanks !
> S Anand

If this Wyse terminal really uses CE 2.0, you may be out of luck.
CE 2.0 is very old. Most of development goes on versions 4 and 5.
OTOH if it really is CE 2.0, Wyse will sell it dirt cheap, and it may be a good deal.

Another solution for you may be not tho connect each terminal to wireless lan.
Can you run ethernet cable from terminals to oneor several hubs, then connect the hubs to network backbone with wireless
bridges?

--PA