Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-270 point structure

70-270 point structure

Steve

Technically it really doesn't matter whether you get 701
or 1299 as long as you pass and have the cert in hand

examination
>without knowing to what extent one must know the
>information. Ideally, I would know the content 100%,

but
>it is rare to enter an examination feeling like you will
>be able to answer any question posed. In order to
>properly prepare, I need to know how well I must know

the
>information. For example, the CompTia A+ OS exam

requires
>a minimum score of 505 out of 900. So when I was

passing
>practice exams at 90%, I felt comfortable that I would

be
>able to pass the CompTIA exam with the required 56%. It
>is unreasonable to expect people to take an examination
>without knowing what there goal is. 700 out of 800

points
>is a dramatically different score that 700 out of 1200
>points. I encourage you to publish your the point scale
>for each examination.
>
>Jennifer
>(E-Mail Removed)

..a
>sp
>>
>>Q. What does my score mean?
>>
>>A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows

>Serverâ"¢ 2003â?"related exams, Microsoft will provide
>numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003,
>most exams will have the new score report format, which
>includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
>customers and testing industry experts to create an exam
>scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new
>scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all
>exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary

depending
>on the complexity of the skills being measured.
>>
>>Amy Rusko
>>MS Learning
>>
>>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

and
>confers no
>>rights.

the

>points

>>> But it's not. People have reported scores over 1000.

>It's just another
>>> MS sekrit.
>>>
>>> JaR
>>>

>>.
>>

>.

Avensis

"Jennifer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<2d94a01c46a86$fa1441d0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I know that 700 is the minimum passing score for the
> exams, but does anyone know the maximum number of points
> possible for the 70-270 exam? Thank you.

I think there's no 1000 point for full exam. For example on 70-290 my
boyfriend had 765 points and he made mistake in only one question. So
maximum may be around 800 points.
Our friend had failed with 665 points and it looked like he didn't
answer around 7-8 questions.
It's very hard to guess what way they are counting points.

I think that the same situation is possible on 70-270. I can answer
this question in 2 weeks when he'll take it.

We are preparing to get the best score. I'm passing 70-290 in two
weeks so we can compare scores.

Avensis.