Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-292

Reply
Thread Tools

70-292

 
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2004
FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#EgyADSXEHA.2908
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Another dumper posts.
> Seeking to spread his evil.
> Sending others the wrong message.
>
> Fortunately, most know better.
> Under most circumstances, that is.
> Cease and desist this illegal activity!
> Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
> Everyone deserves that, I think.
> Remember this and keep it to heart.
>


the best

--
Neil MCNGP #30
"you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2004
FrisbeeŽ wrote:

> Another dumper posts.
> Seeking to spread his evil.
> Sending others the wrong message.
>
> Fortunately, most know better.
> Under most circumstances, that is.
> Cease and desist this illegal activity!
> Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
> Everyone deserves that, I think.
> Remember this and keep it to heart.
>


*polite applause*

Well done Fris.

JaR
Restrained Thug
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spyke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2004
FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#EgyADSXEHA.2908
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Another dumper posts.
> Seeking to spread his evil.
> Sending others the wrong message.
>
> Fortunately, most know better.
> Under most circumstances, that is.
> Cease and desist this illegal activity!
> Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
> Everyone deserves that, I think.
> Remember this and keep it to heart.
>


*golf clap*

--

Cheers,
Spyke
 
Reply With Quote
 
LnkWizard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2004
"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> FrisbeeŽ wrote:
>
> > Another dumper posts.
> > Seeking to spread his evil.
> > Sending others the wrong message.
> >
> > Fortunately, most know better.
> > Under most circumstances, that is.
> > Cease and desist this illegal activity!
> > Keep our newsgroups clean and wholesome.
> > Everyone deserves that, I think.
> > Remember this and keep it to heart.
> >

>
> *polite applause*
>
> Well done Fris.
>
> JaR
> Restrained Thug


Seeing as how I was MIA for several weeks, and may have missed it,
if there hasn't been one yet, I would like to nominate this for PotM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

"He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---


 
Reply With Quote
 
TechGeekPro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2004
"FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> TechGeekPro wrote:
> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Thanks for the positive feedback and words of encouragement. People
> >> like you seriously detract from the quality of this newsgroup.

> >
> > Your welcome. People like you (cheaters) seriously detract from the
> > quality of Microsoft Certifications. Now really, which is worse?

>
> Couldn't have stated that any better myself.


Thanks for the compliment but geez, did you *have* to follow it up with a
better post. Hmph!

--
I may not be completely certified, but I am completely certifiable.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Phillip Moulay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2004
Hi,

I am in the same boat. You should get Transcender since
this test is the worst test I have seen so far. I am
alrady MSCE 2000.
>-----Original Message-----
>Took the 70-292 for the 2nd time yesterday and failed

again. I'm just
>wondering from a tester viewpoint, what is considered

the "recommended"
>study books/guides that I should use when I take the

exam for the 3rd time?
>
>So far, I've used (in descending order):
>
>Syngress 70-292 (read twice) -- I personally liked this

one!
>Transcender
>Test King
>Microsoft 70-292 & 70-296 Ebook
>Brain Dump Web Sites
>
>After reviewing my graphs which shows my "Strengths"

& "Needs Development"
>areas, I've concluded these are fairly useless. For

example, after my first
>exam (scored 633), I looked over my graphs with a fine

tooth comb. Four of
>the seven were placed in the "strength" part of the

scale. The other three
>weren't labeled strengths, but were a long distance away

from the "needs
>development" area of the graph. If the scale were based

on 0 (needs
>development) to 100 (strong) the three areas not labeled

as strengths were
>in the 60th percentile area of the graph. I'm not a

mathematician, but if I
>were to average out all of the lines on this chart, I'd

place myself between
>70 & 80 percentile for my totals (for both exams). Yet,

my respective
>scores were 633 & 617.
>
>On the exam yesterday, two of three areas that were not

labeled as
>"strengths" on my first exam, were now labeled as

strengths. Once again,
>none of my scores were below the 60th percentile section

of the graph. This
>shoots a hole in my theory of more questions were the

areas that I didn't
>score a "strength."
>
>I'm not person who habitually fails exams. In fact, out

of the six exams
>that I've taken previously, I've only had to retake one

(70-229). I passed
>the second time through. I even passed the 70-216

(nightmare) test the
>first time through.
>
>Any recommendations for books/study guides would be

appreciated. Sorry, I'm
>just venting and frustrated.......
>
>
>
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
shawnfain@msn.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
I'm an MCSE 2000 and an MCDBA. I have security specialties in MCSA and
MCSE and I'm Security + certified. The lowest score I had on any of my
tests was a 784 and that was the only one on which I scored under 800.

I recently took an upgrade course for 2003 with a competent instructor,
and 11 other I.T. professionals who's experience ranged from working
for Microsoft, being a lead administrator for a network of 250 2003
servers, to several Dell server techs. I myself have been an
independent Network admin for various companies full time for 12 years.

Our entire class passed the 296 upgrade exam and only one person passed
292, and that with a 700. Every single one of us without exception felt
we knew the material and were confident in our answers. Half the class
re-took the test the next day and all 6 of us failed it again. We were
getting scores in 400's and 500's in spite of the fact that we knew the
material well.

How do you explain that an entire room of working professionals that
have together passed over 100 microsoft exams suddenly all fail the
same test and half of them twice, when we passed the harder of the two
upgrade tests 296?

Say what you want but I think there was a "technical error" in the
grading process. But since this is a private industry certification,
and not subject to any kind of impartial revue, we'll never know will
we? We don't even know what answers were supposedly "wrong".

I'd be careful before you start calling people idiots. I assure you
there were few idiots in the room with me that day.

 
Reply With Quote
 
wongcna
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2004
I understand what you mean....


This is what we call paper mcse....

I am sure you know what you are doing and have loads of MS knowledge. But
exams are totally different with real life.


Exam is exam
Real life is real life....

Good Luck

@__@!














<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm an MCSE 2000 and an MCDBA. I have security specialties in MCSA and
> MCSE and I'm Security + certified. The lowest score I had on any of my
> tests was a 784 and that was the only one on which I scored under 800.
>
> I recently took an upgrade course for 2003 with a competent instructor,
> and 11 other I.T. professionals who's experience ranged from working
> for Microsoft, being a lead administrator for a network of 250 2003
> servers, to several Dell server techs. I myself have been an
> independent Network admin for various companies full time for 12 years.
>
> Our entire class passed the 296 upgrade exam and only one person passed
> 292, and that with a 700. Every single one of us without exception felt
> we knew the material and were confident in our answers. Half the class
> re-took the test the next day and all 6 of us failed it again. We were
> getting scores in 400's and 500's in spite of the fact that we knew the
> material well.
>
> How do you explain that an entire room of working professionals that
> have together passed over 100 microsoft exams suddenly all fail the
> same test and half of them twice, when we passed the harder of the two
> upgrade tests 296?
>
> Say what you want but I think there was a "technical error" in the
> grading process. But since this is a private industry certification,
> and not subject to any kind of impartial revue, we'll never know will
> we? We don't even know what answers were supposedly "wrong".
>
> I'd be careful before you start calling people idiots. I assure you
> there were few idiots in the room with me that day.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
C.G.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2005
Let me agree with you. I am an MCSE 2000 who just took an 70-292 for the
third time. I wasted $100 and four months of my life for Microsoft's
WORTHLESS "Upgrading Your Certification to Windows Server 2003", going
through the entire book and all the stupid labs. I also used SyBex and three
different MOCs. Good thing, their kit doesn't even cover 1/3 of any
questions I saw. I feel like I answered almost all of the questions
correctly. I was confident of a near perfect score when pressing "End Exam".
But with the exam, you can't tell. Before it started, I got this crap about
how "Some questions may not be counted, others are for testing/development
purposes and may or may not be, blah blah, blah" as a disclaimer before
taking the exam. How the hell do I know what is counted and what is not?
This doesn't seem ethical here. This is not ethical. Half the people at
Microsoft love to bitch about ethics, but I see no checks and balances
keeping them on the straight and narrow. How do we even know if the exam
results are processed correctly or ethically if we can't get any feedback on
anything? 70-292 bites.

My advice is do not use Microsoft's WORTHLESS crap to study for this exam.
Find something else. Microsoft can make the exam but they sure as hell can't
produce any training material that covers anythging on 70-292. They have no
consistency or standardization. You don't get this with Comptia - they
actually seem to have a standard. 70-292 seems seriously bugged to me. If
anyone finds a decent text please post. None of the other Microsoft exams I
took were like this, nor were any of them so far off course of what actually
study when you take the exam. C.G.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I'm an MCSE 2000 and an MCDBA. I have security specialties in MCSA and
> MCSE and I'm Security + certified. The lowest score I had on any of my
> tests was a 784 and that was the only one on which I scored under 800.
>
> I recently took an upgrade course for 2003 with a competent instructor,
> and 11 other I.T. professionals who's experience ranged from working
> for Microsoft, being a lead administrator for a network of 250 2003
> servers, to several Dell server techs. I myself have been an
> independent Network admin for various companies full time for 12 years.
>
> Our entire class passed the 296 upgrade exam and only one person passed
> 292, and that with a 700. Every single one of us without exception felt
> we knew the material and were confident in our answers. Half the class
> re-took the test the next day and all 6 of us failed it again. We were
> getting scores in 400's and 500's in spite of the fact that we knew the
> material well.
>
> How do you explain that an entire room of working professionals that
> have together passed over 100 microsoft exams suddenly all fail the
> same test and half of them twice, when we passed the harder of the two
> upgrade tests 296?
>
> Say what you want but I think there was a "technical error" in the
> grading process. But since this is a private industry certification,
> and not subject to any kind of impartial revue, we'll never know will
> we? We don't even know what answers were supposedly "wrong".
>
> I'd be careful before you start calling people idiots. I assure you
> there were few idiots in the room with me that day.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
fmsmcse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2005
Agreed, took it twice and failed, all stuff studied were useless, since they
charge things, settings, configs we never use, there are more important
things to measure up.

"C.G." wrote:

> Let me agree with you. I am an MCSE 2000 who just took an 70-292 for the
> third time. I wasted $100 and four months of my life for Microsoft's
> WORTHLESS "Upgrading Your Certification to Windows Server 2003", going
> through the entire book and all the stupid labs. I also used SyBex and three
> different MOCs. Good thing, their kit doesn't even cover 1/3 of any
> questions I saw. I feel like I answered almost all of the questions
> correctly. I was confident of a near perfect score when pressing "End Exam".
> But with the exam, you can't tell. Before it started, I got this crap about
> how "Some questions may not be counted, others are for testing/development
> purposes and may or may not be, blah blah, blah" as a disclaimer before
> taking the exam. How the hell do I know what is counted and what is not?
> This doesn't seem ethical here. This is not ethical. Half the people at
> Microsoft love to bitch about ethics, but I see no checks and balances
> keeping them on the straight and narrow. How do we even know if the exam
> results are processed correctly or ethically if we can't get any feedback on
> anything? 70-292 bites.
>
> My advice is do not use Microsoft's WORTHLESS crap to study for this exam.
> Find something else. Microsoft can make the exam but they sure as hell can't
> produce any training material that covers anythging on 70-292. They have no
> consistency or standardization. You don't get this with Comptia - they
> actually seem to have a standard. 70-292 seems seriously bugged to me. If
> anyone finds a decent text please post. None of the other Microsoft exams I
> took were like this, nor were any of them so far off course of what actually
> study when you take the exam. C.G.
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
>
> > I'm an MCSE 2000 and an MCDBA. I have security specialties in MCSA and
> > MCSE and I'm Security + certified. The lowest score I had on any of my
> > tests was a 784 and that was the only one on which I scored under 800.
> >
> > I recently took an upgrade course for 2003 with a competent instructor,
> > and 11 other I.T. professionals who's experience ranged from working
> > for Microsoft, being a lead administrator for a network of 250 2003
> > servers, to several Dell server techs. I myself have been an
> > independent Network admin for various companies full time for 12 years.
> >
> > Our entire class passed the 296 upgrade exam and only one person passed
> > 292, and that with a 700. Every single one of us without exception felt
> > we knew the material and were confident in our answers. Half the class
> > re-took the test the next day and all 6 of us failed it again. We were
> > getting scores in 400's and 500's in spite of the fact that we knew the
> > material well.
> >
> > How do you explain that an entire room of working professionals that
> > have together passed over 100 microsoft exams suddenly all fail the
> > same test and half of them twice, when we passed the harder of the two
> > upgrade tests 296?
> >
> > Say what you want but I think there was a "technical error" in the
> > grading process. But since this is a private industry certification,
> > and not subject to any kind of impartial revue, we'll never know will
> > we? We don't even know what answers were supposedly "wrong".
> >
> > I'd be careful before you start calling people idiots. I assure you
> > there were few idiots in the room with me that day.
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments