Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-290 Question

70-290 Question

Kevin

From the Syngress Book:

Your server is experiencing "Out of Disk Space" errors. Your investigation
has concluded that purging of the logs was not configured. The option "Do
not delete events" was selected. What can you do to force purging of the
event logs on Windows Server 2003 machine?

A. You cannot purge events on log files.
B. Unselect the option "Overwrite events as needed"
C. Select the option "Overwrite events older than 20 days old"
D. Click the "Clear log" button.

Ok.... I picked answer D, because when you do that, it completely clears the
log.

The book says the correct answer is C, arguing that you delete (as opposed
to purging) the event log when you hit the "Clear log" button.

Is are the tests _really_ that picky when it comes to my understanding of
the word "clear" vs. "purge"?

(I also think the Syngress book has a lot to be desired. That's my
first--and last--book from them.)

harryph

yeah they will be that picky on the exam as well maybe
worse, i used mspress first and now on to syngress and
think syngress is a lot better. i said the same about the
ms-press 290 book when i finished it

Seth

dude, if you clear log, this is only a tempory solution, you will get this
error again down the track thus why "C" is correct, (The error message will
not come back). That is the answer the exam question is really looking for.
Not the difference between purging and clearing. Not so much being picky but
relative to real life operation.

Hope this helps you understand the exam(s) better.

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From the Syngress Book:
>
> Your server is experiencing "Out of Disk Space" errors. Your investigation
> has concluded that purging of the logs was not configured. The option "Do
> not delete events" was selected. What can you do to force purging of the
> event logs on Windows Server 2003 machine?
>
> A. You cannot purge events on log files.
> B. Unselect the option "Overwrite events as needed"
> C. Select the option "Overwrite events older than 20 days old"
> D. Click the "Clear log" button.
>
> Ok.... I picked answer D, because when you do that, it completely clears

the
> log.
>
> The book says the correct answer is C, arguing that you delete (as opposed
> to purging) the event log when you hit the "Clear log" button.
>
> Is are the tests _really_ that picky when it comes to my understanding of
> the word "clear" vs. "purge"?
>
> (I also think the Syngress book has a lot to be desired. That's my
> first--and last--book from them.)

Nataraj

hello dear kevin i am a student of MCSE , as i have taken
exam for MCSE i would wish to have some guideable tips
from .
pls kind mail somt tips(short notes about the exam)

with many thanks
Nataraj

Kevin

I took the test Friday and came up one question short of the 700 passing
score. Uggh. That's ok... I'll knock it next time.

As for tips about the exam....

Study, study, study. Make sure you know, understand, and can perform all of
the things outlined on the 70-290 objectives sheet. It won't be enough to
simply do a brain dump. My test wasn't even close. You had to know how to DO
things. You have to THINK about the concept the question is trying to test.

Make sure you've either performed those configurations in real-life, or done
them on a test/lab environment of some kind.

Good luck!

-K-

news:14eb201c44612$da1d85a0$(E-Mail Removed)...