Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HELP PLS! Configuring and deploying Crystal.NET reports

HELP PLS! Configuring and deploying Crystal.NET reports

SWu

Hi all

Could someone please tell me how to configure and deploy my Crystal reports?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to be able to deploy my
reports/web pages to another domain, web server, database and have the
report connect via integrated security.

1. I have created a stored proc in my SQL Server db, created a report in my
ASP.NET project, created a reports.aspx and placed a CrystalReportViewer on
the page. This is the "pull" type of report that I've read about in the
documentation. All this works fine on my development machine. I can
navigate to the page and view the report. I am using Visual Studio.NET 2003
and the framework is 1.1.

2. I copied the reports.aspx and my website's DLL to the production server
which is on another machine with its own database and part of another
domain. When that didn't work, I saw a newsgroup item somewhere that said
Crystal comes with Visual Studio, not the framework so I stuck the Visual
Studio.NET 2003 installation CDs into the production machine and installed
just the Crystal parts of it.

3. With all my previous pages, this was not a problem because I could put
the connection string into the Web.config. Can I do this easily for reports
or do I have to turn the reports to "push" type (i.e. build up the dataset
etc and then pass it to the report when you want it displayed) first?

4. Assuming I couldn't use the web.config approach to connection, I then
tried to "Set Location" in the "Field Explorer". Unfortunately, when I
tried to replace the existing connection location with the one I want,
crystal/vs.net immediately verified the connection. I had selected
"integrated security" so that stuffed me up. I then thought I'd try with a
username and password; I was then able to complete the "Set Location"
operation and rebuild my website.

Could someone please give me some pointers? Thank you very much.

Stephen