Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > MCSA elective

MCSA elective

Frank L

Hi,
I have 70-210, 70-215 behind me, 70-218 on April 20th. I
read that I can use MCDST as my elective to complete my
MCSA Cert. Is this so? I was going to use 70-224 exchange
2000,but I am very familiar with xp, supporting users of
all ages. I figure i can go back to 70-224 after I get my
MCSA cert. I am a late starter, 55 years old.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Frank L

Hired Goon

Frank,
The question you're asking isn't hard to find, take a look at:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp

"Frank L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a1a01c4256a$c2903bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have 70-210, 70-215 behind me, 70-218 on April 20th. I
> read that I can use MCDST as my elective to complete my
> MCSA Cert. Is this so? I was going to use 70-224 exchange
> 2000,but I am very familiar with xp, supporting users of
> all ages. I figure i can go back to 70-224 after I get my
> MCSA cert. I am a late starter, 55 years old.
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Frank L

Sartan Dragonbane

Yes, you can use your MCDST as your elective for your MCSA, you might not
have to go back for your 70-224 ~~ a certification doesn't mean you
instantly know the material, if you knew it all along that should be no
problem.

"Frank L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a1a01c4256a$c2903bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have 70-210, 70-215 behind me, 70-218 on April 20th. I
> read that I can use MCDST as my elective to complete my
> MCSA Cert. Is this so? I was going to use 70-224 exchange
> 2000,but I am very familiar with xp, supporting users of
> all ages. I figure i can go back to 70-224 after I get my
> MCSA cert. I am a late starter, 55 years old.
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Frank L

Frank

Honest, I didn't think a cert gave me "instant knowledge", I swear. My
reason for asking was because I already have a pretty good working knowledge
of Win xp (2 years on the job desktop support). So I thought it would be the
quickest route to the MCSA cert (for my situation) and then I could relax
and learn what I want, when I want, no pressure,.i.e. MS exchange. But , now
I also realize it will cost me $250 instead of just $125. Two seperate
exams. Hmmm?
Well, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated,
Frank L
"Sartan Dragonbane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Yes, you can use your MCDST as your elective for your MCSA, you might not
> have to go back for your 70-224 ~~ a certification doesn't mean you
> instantly know the material, if you knew it all along that should be no
> problem.
>
> "Frank L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0a1a01c4256a$c2903bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I have 70-210, 70-215 behind me, 70-218 on April 20th. I
> > read that I can use MCDST as my elective to complete my
> > MCSA Cert. Is this so? I was going to use 70-224 exchange
> > 2000,but I am very familiar with xp, supporting users of
> > all ages. I figure i can go back to 70-224 after I get my
> > MCSA cert. I am a late starter, 55 years old.
> > Any help greatly appreciated.
> > Frank L

Sartan Dragonbane

Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully, Frank.
Maybe I should have said - It's expensive to take an exam that you don't
need -- you already know Exchange.
70-224 as an elective would give you great opportunity to study for
yourself, and earn yourself MCSA. You might not need MCDST with MCSA next
to your name - After all, it's an extra $125. I have MCDST myself, I took
it for the beta. I don't really think the skillsets required for those
exams represent 2 years experience on the job. My suggestion to you is take
your 70-224. Studying it will definately help you learn, and learning is
always a big plus.
If you're thinking about extending your certification MCSE, you should take
70-216.

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Honest, I didn't think a cert gave me "instant knowledge", I swear. My
> reason for asking was because I already have a pretty good working

knowledge
> of Win xp (2 years on the job desktop support). So I thought it would be

the
> quickest route to the MCSA cert (for my situation) and then I could relax
> and learn what I want, when I want, no pressure,.i.e. MS exchange. But ,

now
> I also realize it will cost me $250 instead of just $125. Two seperate
> exams. Hmmm?
> Well, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated,
> Frank L
> "Sartan Dragonbane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Yes, you can use your MCDST as your elective for your MCSA, you might

not
> > have to go back for your 70-224 ~~ a certification doesn't mean you
> > instantly know the material, if you knew it all along that should be no
> > problem.
> >
> > "Frank L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:0a1a01c4256a$c2903bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > > I have 70-210, 70-215 behind me, 70-218 on April 20th. I
> > > read that I can use MCDST as my elective to complete my
> > > MCSA Cert. Is this so? I was going to use 70-224 exchange
> > > 2000,but I am very familiar with xp, supporting users of
> > > all ages. I figure i can go back to 70-224 after I get my
> > > MCSA cert. I am a late starter, 55 years old.
> > > Any help greatly appreciated.
> > > Frank L

Frank

Thanks, I agree , so exchange is my next goal. BTW, I hope I didn't mislead
, but I do NOT already know exchange, I DO already know win xp. Sorry for
the confusion. But, your advice is sound and I thank you for your help.
LLAP,

> Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully, Frank.
> Maybe I should have said - It's expensive to take an exam that you don't
> need -- you already know Exchange.
> 70-224 as an elective would give you great opportunity to study for
> yourself, and earn yourself MCSA. You might not need MCDST with MCSA next
> to your name - After all, it's an extra $125. I have MCDST myself, I took
> it for the beta. I don't really think the skillsets required for those
> exams represent 2 years experience on the job. My suggestion to you is

take
> your 70-224. Studying it will definately help you learn, and learning is
> always a big plus.
> If you're thinking about extending your certification MCSE, you should

take
> 70-216.
>

> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Honest, I didn't think a cert gave me "instant knowledge", I swear.

My
> > reason for asking was because I already have a pretty good working

> knowledge
> > of Win xp (2 years on the job desktop support). So I thought it would be

> the
> > quickest route to the MCSA cert (for my situation) and then I could

relax
> > and learn what I want, when I want, no pressure,.i.e. MS exchange. But ,

> now
> > I also realize it will cost me $250 instead of just $125. Two seperate
> > exams. Hmmm?
> > Well, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated,
> > Frank L
> > "Sartan Dragonbane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > Yes, you can use your MCDST as your elective for your MCSA, you might

> not
> > > have to go back for your 70-224 ~~ a certification doesn't mean you
> > > instantly know the material, if you knew it all along that should be

no
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > "Frank L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:0a1a01c4256a$c2903bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...

Rémy Bucheler \(MCSA, Charter MCDST\)

Yeap that will cost you $250... but give you one more certification...
instead of being just MCSA, you will be MCSA and MCDST...

Think about this too !

Rémy

news:uQE$(E-Mail Removed)...

,
> > now
> > > I also realize it will cost me $250 instead of just $125. Two seperate
> > > exams. Hmmm?
> > > Well, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated,
> > > Frank L
> > > "Sartan Dragonbane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

might
> > not

> no

Frank

Very Good point Remy, Thanks
Frank l

"Rémy Bucheler (MCSA, Charter MCDST)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:u2b%23q$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeap that will cost you $250... but give you one more certification...
> instead of being just MCSA, you will be MCSA and MCDST...
>
> Think about this too !
>
> Rémy
>
> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:uQE$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks, I agree , so exchange is my next goal. BTW, I hope I didn't

> mislead
> > , but I do NOT already know exchange, I DO already know win xp. Sorry

for
> > the confusion. But, your advice is sound and I thank you for your help.
> > LLAP,
> > Frank L
> >
> > "Sartan Dragonbane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully, Frank.
> > > Maybe I should have said - It's expensive to take an exam that you

don't
> > > need -- you already know Exchange.
> > > 70-224 as an elective would give you great opportunity to study for
> > > yourself, and earn yourself MCSA. You might not need MCDST with MCSA

> next
> > > to your name - After all, it's an extra $125. I have MCDST myself, I

> took
> > > it for the beta. I don't really think the skillsets required for

those
> > > exams represent 2 years experience on the job. My suggestion to you

is
> > take
> > > your 70-224. Studying it will definately help you learn, and learning

> is
> > > always a big plus.
> > > If you're thinking about extending your certification MCSE, you should

> > take
> > > 70-216.
> > >

> > > "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > My
> > > knowledge

would
> be
> > > the

> > relax

But
> ,
> > > now

seperate

> might
> > > not

you

be
> > no

Frank

FYI, I took the 70-218 today and passed, so now I need to make up my mind.
Tough test. Glad I studied along with real world stuff.

MCDST elective MCSA? Neil MCDST 3 10-11-2007 05:49 PM
MCSA 2003 count as an elective towardsthe MCSE 2003? =?Utf-8?B?S2FybWFfTWFwcw==?= MCSE 9 06-10-2007 02:30 AM
mcsa/mcse elective =?Utf-8?B?ZG9uYWxkOTYx?= MCSE 0 03-07-2006 11:56 PM
MCSA: Elective for MCSE? =?Utf-8?B?d21vbGluYQ==?= MCSE 2 02-27-2004 01:46 AM
MCDST as MCSA elective Chris MCDST 5 02-03-2004 02:04 PM

Advertisments