Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Home Lab

Home Lab

Xiamen

From what I have been reading no matter what courses you take to prepare for the MCSA I am told that it is a good idea to set up a small network at home to practice on. Is this true and if so what would you recommend? Computers, Operating Systems, etc.,,,

JaR

Xiamen opined, On 4/13/04 8:21 AM:

> From what I have been reading no matter what courses you take to prepare for the MCSA I am told that it is a good idea to set up a small network at home to practice on. Is this true and if so what would you recommend? Computers, Operating Systems, etc.,,,

Yes, computers are a good idea for a home lab. Operating systems are
also handy. I would reccomend using the Operating systems you are
studying. The manuals for the Operating systems will give you the
minimum requirements for the computers. Neat, huh? And in the process
you will have learned something. You know what else? What you just
learned will be in the tests! Cool!

If you are going to continue posting to usenet, either get a newsreader
(Microsoft makes one) or learn to use carriage return once in a while.

JaR
Repetitive Thug

Ken Briscoe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, computers are a good idea for a home lab. Operating systems are
> also handy. I would reccomend using the Operating systems you are
> studying. The manuals for the Operating systems will give you the
> minimum requirements for the computers. Neat, huh? And in the process
> you will have learned something. You know what else? What you just
> learned will be in the tests! Cool!
>
> If you are going to continue posting to usenet, either get a newsreader
> (Microsoft makes one) or learn to use carriage return once in a while.

At
least
he
didn't
want
dumps
..

--

KB - MCNGP "</br> thug" #26

JaR

Ken Briscoe opined, On 4/13/04 10:29 AM:

> At
> least
> he
> didn't
> want
> dumps
> .

He
hadn't
got
that
far
yet
!

Darth 2000

(
..
)

-
-

news:ex7h%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ken Briscoe opined, On 4/13/04 10:29 AM:
>

> > At
> > least
> > he
> > didn't
> > want
> > dumps
> > .
> >

> He
> hadn't
> got
> that
> far
> yet
> !

Darth 2000

If you want to study for these exams, everyone here would recomend that you
setup a small lab at home.
You should have at LEAST the following:

1x Server running the OS you're studying (TIP: MINIMUM of 256MB RAM!)
1x Client running windows 2000 Professional
1x Client running Windows XP Professional
1x 4 port hub/switch

If you only have one computer, get your hands on a copy of VMWare.

--
Darth 2000 - MCNGP # 28

news:(E-Mail Removed)...