Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ORACLE

Reply
Thread Tools

ORACLE

 
 
Sebastián_UY
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2003
Hi group!
Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?

TIA


--
Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
----------------------------------------------
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
Montevideo - URUGUAY
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ajay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2003
YOu can use the package name and oraclereader to get the results.
"Sebastián_UY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi group!
> Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?
>
> TIA
>
>
> --
> Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
> ----------------------------------------------
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
> Montevideo - URUGUAY
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------
> Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sebastián_UY
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2003
Hey ajay, thanx for your quick answer.
Could you please point me at some example. I'm not familiar with packages.
What I've done so far is dragging tables to the datasets, I tryied to drag a
package but it was not possible.
Could you please help me aout here???

TIA


--
Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
----------------------------------------------
(E-Mail Removed)
Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
Montevideo - URUGUAY
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
"ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> YOu can use the package name and oraclereader to get the results.
> "Sebastián_UY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hi group!
> > Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
> > Montevideo - URUGUAY

>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
> > ----------------------
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
> > ----------------------



 
Reply With Quote
 
ajay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2003
Sebastian
Sorry for being late:
You can try it using a class where you can have a function like the
following:
Public Shared Function getAccountNbrs(ByVal a_acct_seq As Long, ByVal
a_objDB As Data.DbObject) As OracleDataReader
Dim objNull As Object = System.DBNull.Value
Dim param(1) As OracleParameter
Dim orareader As OracleDataReader
param(0) = New OracleParameter("a_reccur",
OracleType.Cursor, 2000, ParameterDirection.Output, True, 0, 0, "",
DataRowVersion.Default, objNull)
param(1) = New OracleParameter("a_acct_seq",
OracleType.Number, 22, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "",
DataRowVersion.Default, a_acct_seq)
orareader =
a_objDB.ExecProcedure("Pkg_Bill_Ui.p_get_account_s eq", param)
Return orareader

End Function
Here package name is Pkg_Bill_Ui and we are calling a procedure within
it and which is p_get_account_seq. This has an input of type Cursor,
which is a_reccur.
use command.ExecuteNonQuery() for executing procedure for executing
the package stuff and get the result like this;
result = CInt(command.Parameters("ReturnValue").Value)
HTH
"Sebastián_UY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hey ajay, thanx for your quick answer.
> Could you please point me at some example. I'm not familiar with packages.
> What I've done so far is dragging tables to the datasets, I tryied to drag a
> package but it was not possible.
> Could you please help me aout here???
>
> TIA
>
>
> --
> Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
> ----------------------------------------------
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
> Montevideo - URUGUAY
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------
> Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------
> "ajay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > YOu can use the package name and oraclereader to get the results.
> > "Sebastián_UY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Hi group!
> > > Does anybody know how to call a Package from a VB.Net Win App?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ing. Sebastián Gómez Correa
> > > ----------------------------------------------
> > > (E-Mail Removed)
> > > Poder Judicial - División Tecnología
> > > Montevideo - URUGUAY

> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------

> --
> > > ----------------------
> > > Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

> rights.
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------

> --
> > > ----------------------

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230. Feyruz Perl Misc 4 10-14-2005 06:47 PM
Exception thrown while accessing Oracle through oracle client =?Utf-8?B?TmVv?= ASP .Net 2 07-12-2005 06:59 PM
Oracle adapter don't work with Oracle 10.1.0.2 v. Client vaidas gudas ASP .Net 1 10-11-2004 01:11 PM
Re: Error Connecting to Oracle after an Oracle shutdown David Rudder Java 0 07-30-2003 01:22 PM
Re: Error Connecting to Oracle after an Oracle shutdown Juha Laiho Java 0 07-30-2003 10:22 AM



Advertisments