Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > PDF file viewing

PDF file viewing

Norvin

Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
in a web browser.

I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
in SM.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Rom

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:26:13 -0600, Norvin wrote:

> Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
> I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
> in a web browser.
>
> I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
> running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
> in SM.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion.

Error messages often produce solutions when used with search engines.
In this case as the error is with the Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Adobe
support is a good place to start <http://www.adobe.com/support/>.

See this article: <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405461>
"Error: "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to
view PDF files in a web browser..." when you view a PDF file in a
browser"

HTH

I don't use Adobe Reader but use the free PDF XChange Viewer instead:
<http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer/>
<http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/>

--
Rom

Invisible Man

Norvin wrote:
> Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
> I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
> in a web browser.
>
> I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
> running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
> in SM.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion.

I have had problems in the past. I now use Foxit Reader (free,
lightweight and quick)

Norvin

Rom wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:26:13 -0600, Norvin wrote:
>
>> Whenever I go to a site that has a PDF file that I would like to view,
>> I get a note that Adobe/Acrobat that is running cannot be use to view
>> in a web browser.
>>
>> I am not sure what this means, I have Adobe Reader 9 install and
>> running. Do I need to change levels of Adobe or change something
>> in SM.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestion.

> Error messages often produce solutions when used with search engines.
> In this case as the error is with the Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Adobe
> support is a good place to start <http://www.adobe.com/support/>.
>
> See this article: <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405461>
> "Error: "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to
> view PDF files in a web browser..." when you view a PDF file in a
> browser"
>
> HTH
>
> I don't use Adobe Reader but use the free PDF XChange Viewer instead:
> <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer/>
> <http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/>

Rom, thanks for the response, I reviewed the Adobe site and tried their
solutions and I got some good results and am now back in sync. Thanks again.