Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't read 8GB SD card

Can't read 8GB SD card

wisdomkiller & pain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDHC

> If it's of any use, the 16-in-1 card reader is a Trust CR-1200.

From the data sheet, it is not sdhc capable.

Aardvark

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 07:36:44 +0100, wisdomkiller & pain wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:
>
>> I've been asked to burn a DVD movie for someone. They gave me an 8GB SD
>> card containing the video file and my intention was to plug it into my
>> 16- in-1 card reader, copy the file to a computer and then burn it to
>> DVD.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDHC
>
>> If it's of any use, the 16-in-1 card reader is a Trust CR-1200.
>>

> From the data sheet, it is not sdhc capable.

As I mentioned before, that confirms my suspicions. Time to buy a more
recent model seventy-nine-in-one card reader, or whatever the most up-to
date hardware for the purpose is these days.

Thanks to all who answered my OP.

Evan Platt

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:14:11 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It will also depend on the software.

What software?

>All 3 of my machines will read an 8g sdhc with no problem.
>Put it in my brother's, nothin.

lol.. You sure you putting it in the right way?

>Whle one of my laptops wouldn't even accept a 2g sd.

Sounds like.... err .. hmm you were the one who had a SD card locked
on write protect forever weren't you?

geordiemac geordiemac is offline
Junior Member

My reader wouldn't read my 8 gig for the longest time, finally I tried leaving the card in the reader and re-booted and it worked.