Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sending attatchments from mac to pc?

sending attatchments from mac to pc?

Kurly

Hi there everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone knows a bit about mac's? for some
reason my mother purchased a mac recently, she says that when she
sends an excel attatchment via e-mail to a pc, it arrives as a zip
file? and doesnt open? I'm not sure if she's explaining this
correctly, but I can't check because she on vacation(retirement ) in
florida until late april/09. any help would really be appreciated.

thanks in advance
kurly

Dan C

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:15:47 -0800, Kurly wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
> I was just wondering if anyone knows a bit about mac's? for some reason
> my mother purchased a mac recently, she says that when she sends an
> excel attatchment via e-mail to a pc, it arrives as a zip file? and
> doesnt open? I'm not sure if she's explaining this correctly, but I
> can't check because she on vacation(retirement ) in florida until late
> april/09. any help would really be appreciated.

Tell your mother to stop drinking so much. Or, tell her to quit wasting
your valuable ****ing time with stupid ****.

G. Morgan

Dan C wrote:

>The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Filters broken?

--
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey

Dan C

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:24:47 +0000, G. Morgan wrote:

> Dan C wrote:
>
>>The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Filters broken?

No, just disabled for now. I occasionally need the humor input that the
Gropers provide.

Pingu.

"Kurly" <snip>

Hi there everyone,
> I was just wondering if anyone knows a bit about mac's? for some
> reason my mother purchased a mac recently, she says that when she
> sends an excel attatchment via e-mail to a pc, it arrives as a zip
> file? and doesnt open? I'm not sure if she's explaining this
> correctly, but I can't check because she on vacation(retirement ) in
> florida until late april/09. any help would really be appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
> kurly

I had an Old Mac back in 1995. It was old in those days but it had a hand
little application called PC Exchange. It would allow files from PC to be
read by a Mac and vica-versa. Knowing how quick thinghs move on, there may
be a chance it can be done.

I did a search and found thiese.

http://dotwhat.net/dosa/6861/

as well as this,

http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/docs/Aco...xchange_UG.pdf

Hope this can lead to solving the prob you have. )
--

Pingu.