Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win 7 Beta Activation?

Win 7 Beta Activation?

Tom Lake

MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
where to find them?
It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.

Tom Lake

Bobby Johnson

Don't get your shorts all in a knot! MS will have the keys
back up later. Besides, you have 30 days to activate, so
there's no 3-Alarm fire!

Tom Lake wrote:
> MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
> where to find them?
> It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.
>
> Tom Lake

Mark H

They are limiting the number of keys to 2.5 million.

Current expiration date is Aug. 1, 2009.
slmgr -rearm will give you 120 days beyond the first 30 days, so it works
out to be about the same even without a key.

"Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
> where to find them?
> It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.
>
> Tom Lake

Mark H

Or, you can follow the directions in this article: (x64 version)
http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/...how-to-get-it/

"Mark H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> They are limiting the number of keys to 2.5 million.
>
> Current expiration date is Aug. 1, 2009.
> slmgr -rearm will give you 120 days beyond the first 30 days, so it works
> out to be about the same even without a key.
>
> "Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
>> where to find them?
>> It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.
>>
>> Tom Lake

Tom Lake

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't get your shorts all in a knot! MS will have the keys back up later.
> Besides, you have 30 days to activate, so there's no 3-Alarm fire!

OK, good. As to my shorts, I like 'em that way. 8^)

Tom Lake

Tom Lake

"Mark H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or, you can follow the directions in this article: (x64 version)
> http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/...how-to-get-it/

Thanks! That worked.

Tom Lake

Carlos

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=4117

Carlos
P.S.: If you can't access the forum you will have to register. It teaches
you how to obtain instantly a key from technet.

"Tom Lake" wrote:

> MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
> where to find them?
> It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.
>
> Tom Lake

Maratonmannen

x64:

https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperi...s/default.aspx

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
Coreā„¢ 2 Extreme X6800

"Tom Lake" wrote:

> MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
> where to find them?
> It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.
>
> Tom Lake

Bobby Johnson

There are also posts in there with all the keys generated
for public distribution. If you read the EULA it also
states you may use the key to activate unlimited installs.

Windows 7 Beta build 7000 keys:

482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M

JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4

D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9

7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73

RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH

4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH

JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4

TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY

QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7

There may be more, but these are what they're posting.

Carlos wrote:
> http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=4117
>
> Carlos
> P.S.: If you can't access the forum you will have to register. It teaches
> you how to obtain instantly a key from technet.
>
> "Tom Lake" wrote:
>
>> MS has pulled the activation keys for the Win 7 betas. Does anyone know
>> where to find them?
>> It's east to find pre-7000 keys but they don't work, of course.
>>
>> Tom Lake

Carlos

Yeah, found those also, but I didn't know whether it was quite legal or not
to publish them.

Carlos