Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > tif and jpeg

tif and jpeg

Geopelia

Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?

If I click the tif ones, they show "no preview available".

Peter

Geopelia wrote:
> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?
> If I click the tif ones, they show "no preview available".

You need image handling software, there are lots available.
Irfanview is popular with Windows users (assuming that is
your OS).
http://www.irfanview.com/

Open the tiff file with the image software, and save as jpg.

HTH

Peter

Fierce Guppy

Geopelia submitted this idea :
> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?
>
> If I click the tif ones, they show "no preview available".

IrfanView with the plugins file installed can display and convert
numerous file types including tiffs.

http://www.irfanview.com

--
email: fierce,guppy@paradise,net,nz
Christchurch, New Zealand.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gk8beb$vao$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?

In bulk or just a few?

Geopelia

news:gk8elj$322$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <gk8beb$vao$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?

> In bulk or just a few?

Just a few. I've got them in HP Image zone, but they are also in My
Documents as tif.
I was looking for something like the "Save as" box, not a special program.
I suppose I could email them to myself and see if there is a "save as" box
there, but would they save as tif or jpeg?
-----
I've just tried that, but it goes into Instant Share, not email.

EMB

Geopelia wrote:
> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:gk8elj$322$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In message <gk8beb$vao$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?

>> In bulk or just a few?

> Just a few. I've got them in HP Image zone, but they are also in My
> Documents as tif.
> I was looking for something like the "Save as" box, not a special program.
> I suppose I could email them to myself and see if there is a "save as" box
> there, but would they save as tif or jpeg?

Windows Paint should be capable of opening a .tif and then saving it as
a .jpg
You'll find it in

Start--> All Programs --> Accessories --> Paint

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gk93qn$sn7$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:gk8elj$322$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> In message <gk8beb$vao$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?

>> In bulk or just a few?

> Just a few. I've got them in HP Image zone, but they are also in My
> Documents as tif.
> I was looking for something like the "Save as" box, not a special program.
> I suppose I could email them to myself and see if there is a "save as" box
> there, but would they save as tif or jpeg?

Your e-mail client isn't going to convert attachments between different
graphics formats.

Try Gimp <http://gimp.org/>. It's Free Software.

Geopelia

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:49682490$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>> news:gk8elj$322$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> In bulk or just a few?

>> Just a few. I've got them in HP Image zone, but they are also in My
>> Documents as tif.
>> I was looking for something like the "Save as" box, not a special
>> program.
>> I suppose I could email them to myself and see if there is a "save as"
>> box there, but would they save as tif or jpeg?

> Windows Paint should be capable of opening a .tif and then saving it as a
> .jpg
> You'll find it in
>
> Start--> All Programs --> Accessories --> Paint

I tried that and managed to get a jpeg picture into paint. I tried tif but
got "paint cannot read this file etc"

Still, I've learnt a bit more about paint.
Thank you.

Geopelia

Geopelia

news:4967b5bc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> Is there any way to turn tif images into jpeg images please?
>> If I click the tif ones, they show "no preview available".

> You need image handling software, there are lots available.
> Irfanview is popular with Windows users (assuming that is
> your OS).
> http://www.irfanview.com/
>
> Open the tiff file with the image software, and save as jpg.
>
> HTH
>
> Peter

Thank you, but I don't know enough to start adding software.
I would have to get the computer man.

EMB

Geopelia wrote:
> "EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:49682490$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Geopelia wrote:
>>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
>>> news:gk8elj$322$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Just a few. I've got them in HP Image zone, but they are also in My
>>> Documents as tif.
>>> I was looking for something like the "Save as" box, not a special
>>> program.
>>> I suppose I could email them to myself and see if there is a "save as"
>>> box there, but would they save as tif or jpeg?

>> Windows Paint should be capable of opening a .tif and then saving it as a
>> .jpg
>> You'll find it in
>>
>> Start--> All Programs --> Accessories --> Paint

> I tried that and managed to get a jpeg picture into paint. I tried tif but
> got "paint cannot read this file etc"
>
> Still, I've learnt a bit more about paint.
> Thank you.

What version of Windows are you running Geo?