Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCDST Self-Paced kit - Install on Virtual PC?

MCDST Self-Paced kit - Install on Virtual PC?

Mike in Nebraska

I've got my MCDST kits for WinXP and was wondering about the best approach
to use the eval CD's that came with it to maximize my training experience.
My boss will let me use a spare laptop to train on, but I can't wipe the OS.
I have room on it so was thinking of putting Virtual PC on it and install
the eval CD's there.

Any thoughts or comments on how this will work? I'm sure some of you have
done this and would like to hear any lessons-learned you have.

--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.

Harvey Colwell

I have four good servers-class machines in my test lad. It cost men quite a
bit to build up. But for certification training, I'm only going to use VMs
from now on.

"Mike in Nebraska" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got my MCDST kits for WinXP and was wondering about the best approach
> to use the eval CD's that came with it to maximize my training experience.
> My boss will let me use a spare laptop to train on, but I can't wipe the
> OS. I have room on it so was thinking of putting Virtual PC on it and
> install the eval CD's there.
>
> Any thoughts or comments on how this will work? I'm sure some of you have
> done this and would like to hear any lessons-learned you have.
>
> --
> Mike Webb
> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
> Wood River, NE

Mike in Nebraska

Good to hear. Thanks.

"Harvey Colwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have four good servers-class machines in my test lad. It cost men quite a
>bit to build up. But for certification training, I'm only going to use VMs
>from now on.
>

> "Mike in Nebraska" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've got my MCDST kits for WinXP and was wondering about the best
>> approach to use the eval CD's that came with it to maximize my training
>> experience. My boss will let me use a spare laptop to train on, but I
>> can't wipe the OS. I have room on it so was thinking of putting Virtual
>> PC on it and install the eval CD's there.
>>
>> Any thoughts or comments on how this will work? I'm sure some of you
>> have done this and would like to hear any lessons-learned you have.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Webb
>> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
>> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
>> Wood River, NE

Montreal_MCT

Hey Mike,

I have long advocated installing that on Virtual PC... it works perfectly.
In fact you can even install the Readiness Review software on the virtual...
that's what I have been doing since starting to work with Vista some three
years ago (the RR software did not always work with Vista).

Good luck!

Mitch Garvis
Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
http://garvis.ca/blogs

"Mike in Nebraska" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got my MCDST kits for WinXP and was wondering about the best approach
> to use the eval CD's that came with it to maximize my training experience.
> My boss will let me use a spare laptop to train on, but I can't wipe the
> OS. I have room on it so was thinking of putting Virtual PC on it and
> install the eval CD's there.
>
> Any thoughts or comments on how this will work? I'm sure some of you have
> done this and would like to hear any lessons-learned you have.
>
> --
> Mike Webb
> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
> Wood River, NE

Mike in Nebraska

Great to hear, thanks!

"Montreal_MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey Mike,
>
> I have long advocated installing that on Virtual PC... it works perfectly.
> In fact you can even install the Readiness Review software on the
> virtual... that's what I have been doing since starting to work with Vista
> some three years ago (the RR software did not always work with Vista).
>
> Good luck!

> Mitch Garvis
> Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
> http://garvis.ca/blogs
>
> "Mike in Nebraska" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've got my MCDST kits for WinXP and was wondering about the best
>> approach to use the eval CD's that came with it to maximize my training
>> experience. My boss will let me use a spare laptop to train on, but I
>> can't wipe the OS. I have room on it so was thinking of putting Virtual
>> PC on it and install the eval CD's there.
>>
>> Any thoughts or comments on how this will work? I'm sure some of you
>> have done this and would like to hear any lessons-learned you have.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Webb
>> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
>> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
>> Wood River, NE

Delay on UK MCDST Training Kit Mark King MCDST 1 06-17-2004 01:36 PM
MCDST KIT AC MCDST 1 04-30-2004 12:06 PM
Welcome kit MCDST Larry MCDST 7 03-01-2004 09:50 AM
anyone got mcdst welcome kit yet? v MCDST 2 02-18-2004 08:10 PM

Advertisments