Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mozilla redirects myspace.com

Mozilla redirects myspace.com

zvnteq7

Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
what happened? Browser hijack?

Thanks

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

zvnteq7 wrote:

> Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
> redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
> tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
> what happened?

I'd guess you deleted your cookies. Log in again, and if/when SeaMonkey
asks to save the cookie(s), answer Yes.

> Browser hijack?

Not likely, else you'd see a link to a 'hijack' site.

--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:16:27 -0500, zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
>redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true

Which is ... uhhh.. myspace.

>I tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine.

So did this browser.

>Any ideas on what happened?

You need to login.

>Browser hijack?

A hijack from myspace to myspace? Clever..

zvnteq7

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:16:27 -0500, zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
>> redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true

> Which is ... uhhh.. myspace.
>
>> I tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine.

> So did this browser.
>
>> Any ideas on what happened?

> You need to login.
>
>> Browser hijack?

> A hijack from myspace to myspace? Clever..

Well, the page I get is a very plain looking page just asking for email
and password: http://i40.tinypic.com/a26749.jpg

I had myspace bookmarked and when I clicked the bookmark, it goes to
this odd looking page, not the normal myspace 'welcome screen'

G. Morgan

zvnteq7 wrote:

>Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
>redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
>tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
>what happened? Browser hijack?

That link is for Myspace Mobile edition, that's what the "m" sub domain means
and the page itself is login.WAP <--

It must think Seamonkey is a mobile browser.

--
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey

Evan Platt

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:17:21 -0500, zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well, the page I get is a very plain looking page just asking for email
>and password: http://i40.tinypic.com/a26749.jpg
>
>I had myspace bookmarked and when I clicked the bookmark, it goes to
>this odd looking page, not the normal myspace 'welcome screen'

Somehow it thinks you're on a mobile device. But that is myspace.

catchme

zvnteq7 wrote:
> Hi, this morning when I opened Seamonkey to go to myspace.com, it
> redirects me to: http://m.myspace.com/login.wap?isredirected=true I
> tried another browser and it went to myspace just fine. Any ideas on
> what happened? Browser hijack?
>
> Thanks

use firefox with noscript extension- it will prevent any unauthorised
redirects and inform you when you are about to enter a forged site.

zvnteq7

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:17:21 -0500, zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, the page I get is a very plain looking page just asking for email
>> and password: http://i40.tinypic.com/a26749.jpg
>>
>> I had myspace bookmarked and when I clicked the bookmark, it goes to
>> this odd looking page, not the normal myspace 'welcome screen'

> Somehow it thinks you're on a mobile device. But that is myspace.

after some google-ing just now, I found this:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=40&p=5440895 looks like I
wasn't losing my mind after all

'max-redirects' A Dickson Cisco 0 02-15-2006 04:43 PM
forms authentication: redirects for *.aspx pages only, not for other extensions, not for static content www.MSmobiles.com ASP .Net 1 07-18-2004 11:03 AM
Postback confusion re: redirects darrel ASP .Net 6 05-04-2004 05:25 PM
HttpModule for virtual page server side redirects and cookies Gery D. Dorazio ASP .Net 0 01-29-2004 02:03 AM
Server Side redirects on MAC with Internet Explorer - BUG? Mark ASP .Net 0 01-06-2004 03:17 PM

Advertisments