Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound and vidio

Sound and vidio

Richard

My video works OK except when I adjust everything it just doesn't come out
right. When I play Quake 4 the video plays but the game doesn't and the
screen just turns white and Quake 4 does not respond and I just put in new
RAM and reloaded Quake 4 after wiping it out. My sound doesn't work either
and when I check it, it acts like it's working so maybe my motherboard is
crap and I should build an AMD and shitcan this peace of **** Intel? Of
course maybe I should buy another Video card for a backup because the video
on my other computer won't push Quake. Then I should try getting another
pair of speakers just to make sure, but I still think I need to build a Quad
AMD? I posted this to get your opinion

Richard

Mara

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:07:07 -0600, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My video works OK except when I adjust everything it just doesn't come out
>right. When I play Quake 4 the video plays but the game doesn't and the
>screen just turns white and Quake 4 does not respond and I just put in new
>RAM and reloaded Quake 4 after wiping it out. My sound doesn't work either
>and when I check it, it acts like it's working so maybe my motherboard is
>crap and I should build an AMD and shitcan this peace of **** Intel? Of
>course maybe I should buy another Video card for a backup because the video
>on my other computer won't push Quake. Then I should try getting another
>pair of speakers just to make sure, but I still think I need to build a Quad
>AMD? I posted this to get your opinion

I have a couple of motherboards that originally had shared video/audio. I find
they run *much* better with the onboards disabled or set to auto and regular
(read: good) cards installed. As always, YMMV.

--
Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

t-bone

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:07:07 -0600, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>My video works OK except when I adjust everything it just doesn't come out
>>right. When I play Quake 4 the video plays but the game doesn't and the
>>screen just turns white and Quake 4 does not respond and I just put in new
>>RAM and reloaded Quake 4 after wiping it out. My sound doesn't work either
>>and when I check it, it acts like it's working so maybe my motherboard is
>>crap and I should build an AMD and shitcan this peace of **** Intel? Of
>>course maybe I should buy another Video card for a backup because the
>>video
>>on my other computer won't push Quake. Then I should try getting another
>>pair of speakers just to make sure, but I still think I need to build a
>>Quad
>>AMD? I posted this to get your opinion

> I have a couple of motherboards that originally had shared video/audio. I
> find
> they run *much* better with the onboards disabled or set to auto and
> regular
> (read: good) cards installed. As always, YMMV.
>
>>Richard

> --
> Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
> you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
> -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

Like your sig, Mara.

Mara

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:53:22 -0000, "t-bone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:07:07 -0600, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>My video works OK except when I adjust everything it just doesn't come out
>>>right. When I play Quake 4 the video plays but the game doesn't and the
>>>screen just turns white and Quake 4 does not respond and I just put in new
>>>RAM and reloaded Quake 4 after wiping it out. My sound doesn't work either
>>>and when I check it, it acts like it's working so maybe my motherboard is
>>>crap and I should build an AMD and shitcan this peace of **** Intel? Of
>>>course maybe I should buy another Video card for a backup because the
>>>video
>>>on my other computer won't push Quake. Then I should try getting another
>>>pair of speakers just to make sure, but I still think I need to build a
>>>Quad
>>>AMD? I posted this to get your opinion

>> I have a couple of motherboards that originally had shared video/audio. I
>> find
>> they run *much* better with the onboards disabled or set to auto and
>> regular
>> (read: good) cards installed. As always, YMMV.
>>
>>>Richard

>> --
>> Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
>> you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
>> -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

>Like your sig, Mara.

Thanks. It's from his diary, and it's a difficult read - my eyes kept tearing up
for some reason.

-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865