Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > win32gui

win32gui

Gandalf

Hi, everyone
I'm searching the win32gui lib to find a way to get the text under the
user cursor.
so far I managed to find only the controller ID which under the cursor
this way

cursorID = win32gui.WindowFromPoint(win32gui.GetCursorPos())

their is function called GetWindowText I tried to use but it doesn't
work in most of the time

someone know a way to do this?

thank you!

TheSeeker

On Jan 9, 7:34*am, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
> I'm searching the win32gui lib to find a way to get the text under the
> user cursor.
> so far I managed to find only the controller ID which under the cursor
> this way
>
> cursorID = win32gui.WindowFromPoint(win32gui.GetCursorPos())
>
> their is function called GetWindowText I tried to use but it doesn't
> work in most of the time
>
> someone know a way to do this?
>
> thank you!

One app that might be of help with your endeavors is called AutoIt
(http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/)

This suite of apps has a nice window browser, which shows most (if mot
all) information available from a Windows window. Sometimes not all
text in a window is available, depending on the window. It even comes
with a COM component, so it can be scripted from Python...

No affiliation, other than a contented user.

Duane

Gandalf

thank you I'm checking autoit documentation...

Tim Roberts

Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
?
>Hi, everyone
>I'm searching the win32gui lib to find a way to get the text under the
>user cursor.
>so far I managed to find only the controller ID which under the cursor
>this way
>
>cursorID = win32gui.WindowFromPoint(win32gui.GetCursorPos())
>
>their is function called GetWindowText I tried to use but it doesn't
>work in most of the time
>
>someone know a way to do this?

Did you not like the reply I gave you the first time you asked this
question?
--
Tim Roberts, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.