Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quick POST/Boot Gigabyte Motherboard

Quick POST/Boot Gigabyte Motherboard

Rufus

I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5

I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
test.

Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?

Denys Tyfus Kaalkop

Rufus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5

Congrats!

> I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
> test.

No test.

> Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?

Ain't one.

Beste wesen

General Patron

Rufus said the following on 2009-01-08 22:56:

> I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5
>

> I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
> test.
>
> Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2302

Rufus

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:07:09 +0100, General Patron <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Rufus said the following on 2009-01-08 22:56:
>>
>> I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5
>>

>> I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
>> test.
>>
>> Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?
>>

>http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2302

I have seen that - do you know where it actually tells you how to
make the switch?

Igor Melyuhin

Rufus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 04:05:43 +0600, "Denys Tyfus Kaalkop"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Rufus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5
>>>

>> Congrats!
>>

>>> I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
>>> test.

>> No test.
>>
>>> Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?

>> Ain't one.
>>
>> Beste wesen

> That's really ****ing helpful - many thanks.

He's Dutch, what the **** do you expect, they're all the ****ing same,
they're clog wearing lying son's o' bitches; They're tight arsed penny
pinching bastards, potato swilling ggggrrrrrotes who grow cheese and make
tulips while getting drugged up in their windmills.

They're a bunch of ****ing kletsmajoors.

HTH

Buffalo

Rufus wrote:
> I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5
>

> I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
> test.
>
> Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?

Not sure there is a way. Perhaps try a Gigabyte Motherboard newsgroup

hwf

Rufus wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:07:09 +0100, General Patron <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Rufus said the following on 2009-01-08 22:56:
>>> I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5
>>>

>>> I cannot find in BIOS how to switch between Quick and full memory
>>> test.
>>>
>>> Anyone point me to the actual BIOS command?
>>>

>> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2302

> I have seen that - do you know where it actually tells you how to
> make the switch?

Nobody wants to RTFM. Try selecting a setting in the BIOS screen that
says something like "optimal defaults".