Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Best practice exam for 70-290

Best practice exam for 70-290

Question: I just finished the Sybex Windows 2003
Enviroment (management and maintenance) 70-290 study
guide. Now my understanding is that Sybex is one of the
better guides out there to use (i'm sure many of you will
differ based on personaly expierence). I found the book
very knowledgable and understood it very well (as in I
knew everything they covered and actually retained the
knowledge) In any case, I immediatley tried the Boson #1
and #2 and I failed them like 50%. None of the questions
in the Boson prac. exams had answers that I could find in
the Sybex book. So my questions is more a 2 part one...
was/is it a wise choice to use Sybex , and does Boson's
70-290 coverage just suck? Optionaly as the subject
states, any other good , more accurate prac. exams then
Boson?

James Martin

Hey,

I also used this book, and found it to be very good. I can't comment on the
Boson questions, but I also found the Sybex book to be lacking in some areas
and got by on the exam with the book+experience (ie: I felt that the book
would not have allowed me to pass on its own). For my later exams I've
combined it with the MS Press books to make sure all bases are covered. The
Sybex books are great in that a topic area that is new to you (or just
fuzzy) will be explained clearly, but sometimes not in enough depth. The MS
Press books often read horribly and are not very clear, unless you already
have some decent knowledge of the topic they're discussing. There are
certainly other good sources out there, I've just tried to limit my costs as
much as possible. The questions that Sybex comes with are definitely too
easy.

news:ebe001c3f17b$2f499a10$(E-Mail Removed)...