Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?

Craig Tompkins

I have passed and my transcript shows that I have passed
three required exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-218. For my
elective I have obtained my MCDST, which it shows is
valid to use as my elective. As such, I meet the
requirements for MCSA. The problem is that my transcript
does not show MCSA.

kpg

Phil Maceri

How was the mcdst? Did you have to do much studying for it? If so what did you use to study for it? I want to take the two exams for the mcdst but I really don't want to wait for the ms press books to come out. I already have windows xp and server 2003 MCPs.

Craig Tompkins

I didn't study at all. I took them blind. I've been
working hands on with NT/Win2K in a level 2/3 support
role for over 5 years and XP pro at home. MCDST is
really a help desk (level 1) Cert. I just took it for
the elective credit.

Craig

Craig Tompkins

Thanks. I actually just checked my transcript again and
it is on there now. Must have just been delayed for some
reason.
Craig

If you really want to take the MCDST *now* then study
material for 70-270 should take care of it. Plus have
some knowledge of how to do things / what goes wrong in
Internet Explorer, Office XP, Outlook, Outlook Express,
how to install software, what to check when software
(generic) doesn't work and a little file sharing stuff.

Other then that the study material should be out later
this year.