Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Re: Total cost

Re: Total cost

James Martin

I spent $130 for sybex core 4 pack (includes MCSE titles), $40 for 70-270
book, $40 for 70-228 book, and $115/test with a voucher from
getcertified4less.com for a total of $670. I also borrowed a couple MS
Press titles from a friend. I was supposed to take the 70-228 exam
finishing my MCSA this past Friday, but my testing center apparently went
out of business so I had to reschedule at a different testing center (Which
is quite aggrivating, as this one was 5 mins away, and the new one is over
an hour!) So unless I don't pass 70-228, that will be my total cost for the
MCSA. If I didn't have the necessary hardware already that would of course
be an additional cost.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo everyone,
>
> Can you please tell me how much it has cost for you to obtain your MCSA

certificate from beginning to end?

> Thanks
>
> Dave

Dave

Thanks for the responses guys,

Did you all completely learned from home or did you attend lessons to prepare for the exams?

Dave

kpg

> Did you all completely learned from home or did you attend lessons to
prepare for the exams?

I'm still in the process, but I have no corporate sponsor and I can't afford
to pay for 'lessons' (and eat at the same time). So I do self-study, which
I believe is the most common way. Self-study goes hand-in-hand with the
need for experience (of some kind) with computers and networks and users.

Dave

So how can you study for example, a MCSA for windows 2003 when you dont even own the operating system?

kpg

You should beg, borrow or steal a copy. Well, not steal.
Hands on is VERY important, and not just the Server but
an actual network. Others here have single computer
solutions for that using emulation software. Consider
the expense of getting this software/equipment part of
the cost of ther cert.