Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Network Address Translation(NAT) problem

Network Address Translation(NAT) problem

venunair

Hi,
I have setup NAT for internet access on win2K server and the client is win2k
pro using a Dial up connection. The DHCP server assigns the client with IP,
DNS, DHCP and gateway address.

I can ping to internet addresses from the NAT server(win2K server) and NAT
client(win2k Professional). But when I type the URL in a web browser I
cannot get to the website.

From win2k Server
when I type the site IP address of the URL, I am able to get to the website.

From Win2k professional
When I type the site IP address of the URL, I am NOT able to access the
website.

I know this has something to do with DNS configuration.

Any help is welcomed.
rgds

Venu

Brat's Ex BF

1. Set FIRST DNS server setting on server to be its own
local address - ie - 192.168.1.10

Then, for the second DNS server entry use your ISP's ie
216.212.34.33

2. Set your clients DNS the SAME WAY - type it in manually
if DHCP is not giving it out.

This is what werx for me in the same AD home network setup
scenario ...