Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-218 Are there any subnetting questions

70-218 Are there any subnetting questions

Sean

Are there any subnettings questions in this exam?

If so are they basic or complex?

Does anyone have any examples?

Sean

yes

You should write the chart on your hand before the test,
if u cant memorize it.

JaR

"yes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0cf601c3defd$b3c09220$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You should write the chart on your hand before the test,
> if u cant memorize it.

Great suggestion asshat!that will guarantee being failed for cheating. They
do check for that kind of stuff at the testing center, you know.

Save yourself some grief, be a professional learn to subnet. For chrissakes,
it's not that hard! I I could learn it anybody can.
http://www.learntosubnet.com/ was a great help although I haven't checked it
out lately.

To the OP...there are only a few subnetting Q's and they mainly had to do
with routing. At least on my test. YMMV.

JaR
MCSA MCNGP #22
"There are only 10 kinds of people...
Those who know binary, and those who don't"

Kit

Hi

I took the Test recently and yes not one subnetting
question.

lots of active directory intergrated DNS though.

Kit

Hey, great site. I've always been afraid of subnetting.
It was actually a reason why I wasn't going to go for
MCSE since the 216 test was supposed to be heavy on
subnetting.
But for the original question. I took the 218 a couple
weeks back. They do not ask you to do any subnetting.
They may have a question where they will include some
subnetting in the question, but you can ignore it since
it wasn't needed to answer the question.

Something strange that I encountered when first starting
out on the MCSA track was the study material that I had
for the 210 test had some subnet stuff in it. And now
that I think about it 215 study material had subnet stuff
also. Nothing was on the test for subnetting, just the
study material.

Samantha Hyatt

I took the test recently and there were questions realated to subnet's but
not subnetting. Definitely a lot of AD Integreated DNS Zone stuff.

--
Samantha Hyatt
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to
"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Are there any subnettings questions in this exam?

If so are they basic or complex?

Does anyone have any examples?

Sean

Herb Martin

"Samantha Hyatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I took the test recently and there were questions realated to subnet's but
> not subnetting. Definitely a lot of AD Integreated DNS Zone stuff.

As you imply...
Sometimes "subnetting questions" are disguised as routing or IP
troubleshooting problems. Especially if there are references to
subnet masks or the default gateway.

Many beginners are under the mis-impression that "subnetting" is something
you do once and then forget about.

--
Herb Martin