Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 2003 exams adaptive???

2003 exams adaptive???

jon

hi

does anyone know whether the win 2003 server (290) and win
2000 professional exams are adaptive exams or full length
exams?

thanks
jon

Andy Ruth [MS]

It is not adaptive.

--
Andy Ruth
Microsoft Learning

rights.

"jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:084801c3d6a3$888b26e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
>
> does anyone know whether the win 2003 server (290) and win
> 2000 professional exams are adaptive exams or full length
> exams?
>
> thanks
> jon

Marko

Exams are reviewed at websites such as www.mcseworld.com,
as well as feedback from others in past posts in these
newsgroups.

Another option is to Google it:

"70-290 exam review" has about 10000 hits. Nearly all on
the first page look like they might be applicable.

Now that we have been introduced, I will offer that I am
not aware that 70-210 Windows Pro has gone adaptive and I
am not aware of any significant adaptive testing that has
been implemented in MS Exams to date.

Let's visit the source for more info:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

Link "Exams" in the left menu. FAQ seems to be where I
would start. Some info there.
Let's now try "Search for an Exam"
Press the MCSE for Windows Server 2003.
Press any exam, such as 70-290 for info on objectives.

All of this took me under 4 minutes. I know this because
I timed it. So let's recap:

1/ Read through some of the previous posts before posting.
2/ Try a good search engine first. Apart from being much
faster than waiting for a newsgroup response, it rarely
bites back.
3/ Ask somebody you may know who has ever done any exams.
It is perfectly reasonable that you may not know anybody,
but ask your contacts for certification info.
4/ Visit the vendors website for information. So obvious.

Final thought: It may not make any difference what format
the exam takes if you know the material. Agreed?

Consider doing the 70-270 XP exam instead of 70-210 Pro
exam. They are *similar* but the XP exam is better for
your resume and ego.

In any case, good luck!

I know 70-290 is 45 questions, 95 minutes to complete and
NOT adaptive and SUCKS HUGE ASS as far as difficulty/non-
real-world situations...

In fact I am about 1 inch away from calling the better
business bureau about these morons because of this exam...
I failed it 2 times and the test center (which is also a
school) says that about 90% of the people that take it
fail.

Saltrock

No these are not adaptive exams. They are the full exam.
When I took these you do not get a score and do not know
how much you have passed by.