Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > Good news - passed 70-210 (psh - opens beer). Bad news is...

Good news - passed 70-210 (psh - opens beer). Bad news is...

Paul

3 more exams and Transcender ProCerts are running down my bank account
(violin starts playing). Problem is I'm not sure how much Transcender
helped. I practiced the ProCert 70-210 and FlashCards until I about
aced them and the exam only had a handful out of 50 questions that
even remotely resembled the ProCert. The rest were way out there. So I
now see Transcender has "TransCram" that "uses the same question pool
as the TranscenderCert exam simulations." $30 for 72 hours. Has
anybody used both TransCram and ProCert? Is TransCram a supplement to
ProCert or is TransCram good enough to be used alone to pass?

Thanks!!!

Paul

Badman

W F C

I think you missed the point behind the test exams. They
aren't supposed to *be* the exam. They're designed to
test your knowledge, and reveal your weak areas. Knowing
what your weaknesses are, you can focus your study time on
them.

Mine for example were NTFS folder/file and share
permissions, printer management, remote access, network
protocols, and security templates. With several weeks of
studying, and experiementing I passed the 70-210 January
5, 2004 first time around. Three more to go.

Paul

Yes, I agree that's what they're for. I'm not expecting them
to be the exam. I'm expecting them to prepare me for the
material that may be on the exam to make sure I'm not
focusing on subnetting if the exam is all RRAS. I've
already taken all the CTEC MCSA courses, studied
MOC binders page for page and did the sims, set up
a home network, domain, AD, PDC, BDC, client,
and did DNS, DHCP, etc from scratch. After all that
I expected to take the exam fairly prepared. Which is my
point. IMO, there were more than a few questions whose
topics I don't recall being covered by the CTEC, MS
MOC, or Transcender. In fact, probably only my experience
helped me answer them, which is fine and I'm sure is the
whole point of the exams and credential.

I've seen so many posts about Transcender being the best.
I was kinda disappointed. I think it helped prepare me
for real situations, but came up short on relevant exam
content which is what I bought it for. Now with all that being
said, has anybody used TransCram and is the material any more
relevant or is it just a time limited scaled down version of the
exams? What do you get for a $30 TransCram compared to
the $100+ Transcender exam?

Thanks - Paul

news:0aa301c3d5e9$327042a0$(E-Mail Removed)...